• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Difference an oline makes it to a season Colts

raleigh-panther

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

If there’s not one worth 16(that’s JMO) why would I want to trade up. 

And I sure don’t want Hurney trading up under any circumstances. 

If there is a trade up, it won't be about Hurney, it will be about Tepper. Not that I would bet on him considering it right now, but it is always an option. Plus, the Steelers invested in their O-line.

3 minutes ago, JARROD said:

theres several tackles that are projecting too 15 talent, and we will see after the combine and pro days but that would be the best pick.

That’s how an Erik Flowers gets taken top 10 because he was the best LT in a horrible class

Interestingly while the Colts had the fewest sacks we were tied for 6th fewest.  One spot above the beloved Rams. The praised Dallas line gave up 2nd most.  We were tied for 9th fewest qb hits allowed.

We also were the top, number 1, in yards per rushing attempt. 

We need to improve as we should strive for better and we are losing our best lineman to retirement but we had a solid if not better line statistically and our problems came from D getting abused on 3rd down and a hampered passing game due to a shoulder.

The Colts most certainly upgraded their oline. But if you watch them closer, they are simply bringing more blockers for luck and sacrificing targets because they can with a WR stud. That’s what’s made more difference.

The panthers oline has not been as bad as Lucks aside from the Chandler/Bell/Amino year. This year they right dead center of the NFL, the definition of average. The right side is fine. Larsen can play center and Moton can play LT. we have a hole at left gaurd and possibly LT if Moton can’t handle it.

Cam needs a defense though, it’s best his best weapon before this year and I still say the Dline needs a playmaker first. After that I’d go all in on some olineman, but the coaches also have to do what the colts have done and put creativity into the blocking schemes for cam.

44 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

We have absolutely got to upgrade that oline

Left to right 

need further, Cowboys. Dak is ordinary 

first pick in draft needs to be a stud LT.  The second most important position on the team

got to be. Please sweet baby Jesus 

They also got their franchise QB healthy instead of playing him utterly wounded.

Oh and they fired a failing mediocrity at their HC position and brought in a creative younger offensive mind to take his place.

Tepper, however, decided the Hurney/Rivera Regime was exactly what he was looking for.

18 minutes ago, JARROD said:

theres several tackles that are projecting too 15 talent, and we will see after the combine and pro days but that would be the best pick.

11 minutes ago, Toomers said:

That’s how an Erik Flowers gets taken top 10 because he was the best LT in a horrible class

Two different situations.  He is saying there are several tackles that are top 15 talents.  Not that they are getting drafted top 15 because they are the best LTs in a weak class.

Do you think there are 16 prospects with higher grades than Jonah Williams?  I could actually see an O-lineman being decent value at where we are picking.  Williams, Ford, Little, and Taylor are all guys that could easily be in the top 20 depending on how all star games and combine go.

10 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Panthers have needed to draft top oline talent for Cam's entire career. Probably won't start now. Why protect your #1 overall pick?

Go back and tell me who they should have drafted at their spot in the draft.  Sometimes an OT is available sometimes not.

Anyone remember how incredibly soft the Colts o-line used to be, how many hits Luck took?

Those guys dominated a pretty good d-line today, Texans didn’t allow a 100 yard rusher until today. 

Panthers have neglected the o-line for years and Cam has paid the price. I don’t know what’s out there in FA or if there’s anyone worth drafting but something needs to be done 

4 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

See the link above. Either of those first two guys will do

So one guy who’s a project and never played LY, or a player who has regressed every moment of his career at Ole Moss? 

It’s not the concept. We need OL help no doubt. But that doesn’t mean “reaching” for players just for need. 

Archived