• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyler Murray expected to enter NFL Draft

unicar15

https://www.sfgate.com/athletics/article/A-s-draftee-Kyler-Murray-will-not-play-both-13521091.php

If Hurney and RR have any reservations about Cam’s health then the Panthers should take Murray in the 1st round. He’s Russell Wilson with Mike Vick’s wheels. 

Sorry but the DL talent isn’t worth passing on him. He’d be BPA at 16 if he’s still there. 

The Panthers would be the ideal situation for him. Strong defense (we hope with Rivera calling), experienced OC, great run game...Let him and Cam fight it out. 

5 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

https://www.sfgate.com/athletics/article/A-s-draftee-Kyler-Murray-will-not-play-both-13521091.php

If Hurney and RR have any reservations about Cam’s health then the Panthers should take Murray in the 1st round. He’s Russell Wilson with Mike Vick’s wheels. 

Sorry but the DL talent isn’t worth passing on him. He’d be BPA at 16 if he’s still there. 

The Panthers would be the ideal situation for him. Strong defense (we hope with Rivera calling), experienced OC, great run game...Let him and Cam fight it out. 

Great thread.

Just kidding.

This ordeal cannot simply be written of as "player leverage" anymore; Murray legitimately wants to play football or else he wouldn't have given Billy Beane an astronomical $15M demand. There is no shot that Moneyball pays $15M for an unproven rookie who may amount to a triple A prospect best.

Baseball is certainly the harder sport to predict in regards to pro potential and with Murray being an all but guaranteed first round draft pick in the NFL, the wise decision for him would be to play football.

Not only does he get a larger fully guaranteed contract up front but even if he doesn't pan out he can parlay a mediocre career into a 2yr/$36M deal (ex. Case Keenum). A mediocre baseball career has him traveling around to bumass, USA via bus on $500K a year.

9 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

This ordeal cannot simply be written of as "player leverage" anymore; Murray legitimately wants to play football or else he wouldn't have given Billy Beane an astronomical $15M demand. There is no shot that Moneyball pays $15M for an unproven rookie who may amount to a triple A prospect best.

Baseball is certainly the harder sport to predict in regards to pro potential and with Murray being an all but guaranteed first round draft pick in the NFL, the wise decision for him would be to play football.

Not only does he get a larger fully guaranteed contract up front but even if he doesn't pan out he can parlay a mediocre career into a 2yr/$36M deal (ex. Case Keenum). A mediocre baseball career has him traveling around to bumass, USA via bus on $500K a year.

Looks to me the league wants Kyler and are willing to bend the rules to pay him more than the NFL wage scale would allow. If it all about money baseball allows for more to blow. Kyler makes a business move and its baseball.

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I think if he wanted to play football he'd play football. Seems like he either wants to play baseball or he just wants to maximize his potential earnings so he's dangling this NFL carrot holding the A's hostage with it.  If I'm an NFL team there's no way I'm drafting him in the 1st or 2nd round. Even if the A's balk at his offer now, what's to stop them from saying, "Well okay, NOW we'll give you that $15M." after some NFL team makes him a top 10 pick.

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

Looks to me the league wants Kyler and are willing to bend the rules to pay him more than the NFL wage scale would allow. If it all about money baseball allows for more to blow. Kyler makes a business move and its baseball.

Baseball allows for more money if he is elite.

Football fans and analysts are getting caught up one where Murray was picked in the MLB draft and instantly think he's guaranteed a successful career when in reality the MLB draft is as much as a crap shoot as the NHL draft.

For example, out of the 2013 MLB Draft, Kris Bryant is the only first round player that has set himself up to receive a sizable contract and that is going back five years which is when these players should be coming into their prime. If Murray becomes an elite player then by all means he can make Giancarlo Stanton type of money but the difference between a mediocre baseball player (i.e. Colin Moran, drafted in 2013, making 500K) and a mediocre football player (i.e. Case Keenum, signed on a 2yr/$36M contract) is quite a astonishing.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think if he wanted to play football he'd play football. Seems like he either wants to play baseball or he just wants to maximize his potential earnings so he's dangling this NFL carrot holding the A's hostage with it.  If I'm an NFL team there's no way I'm drafting him in the 1st or 2nd round. Even if the A's balk at his offer now, what's to stop them from saying, "Well okay, NOW we'll give you that $15M." after some NFL team makes him a top 10 pick.

I'm under the assumption that he would want to be a top 15 pick in the NFL draft because in that range he'd at least get the $15M fully guaranteed contract that he's looking for. I'm also under the assumption that an NFL team would want a guarantee from him that he will try football first before going back to baseball regardless of what the A's do.

Archived