• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moore and Jackson named to the all rookie team

Ricky Spanish

Yep, can't wait to see more from both of these two. They have the skill to be great at their positions. Experience should help greatly. Definitely a plus!  Not implying anything disparaging about Greg Olsen (just saying), but if Thomas had the opportunity to fill Greg's shoes more this season, he would have made the team also. I don't know what got into Hurney (yes, I'm being somewhat facetious), but I hope this next draft is as good or better. But for the head scratching Gaulden pick, it was an excellent draft.

2 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

Well deserved.  If Gaulden and one of the late round LB's (Smith or Carter) pan out, this will have been a really great draft class (its already good with Djax, Moore and Ian Thomas).

It's imperative we hit this draft as well.

It doesn't look like Gaulden is not going to pan out...but maybe with the changes in coaching he won't suck.

1 hour ago, Manther said:

It doesn't look like Gaulden is not going to pan out...but maybe with the changes in coaching he won't suck.

Double negative aside, I understand what you're getting at.  We knew Gaulden wasn't ready to be a day 1 starter, but hopefully in the offseason, training camp, and preseason we see him grow and become a factor in the regular season.  Jury is still out and need to sign a starter in case, but he's got a shot for sure

1 hour ago, Manther said:

I think it's too early to say with Gaulden.  He was switching positions, so there was already going to be a learning curve, and he happened to get picked in a year that our best secondary coach turned DC left for a HC job...leaving two coaches of questionable ability to teach him.  Once Fewell gets his hands on him this year, we should get a better idea of what he can be.  Regardless, he shouldn't hinder any attempt to bring in a legit safety.

10 hours ago, top dawg said:

Yep, can't wait to see more from both of these two. They have the skill to be great at their positions. Experience should help greatly. Definitely a plus!  Not implying anything disparaging about Greg Olsen (just saying), but if Thomas had the opportunity to fill Greg's shoes more this season, he would have made the team also. I don't know what got into Hurney (yes, I'm being somewhat facetious), but I hope this next draft is as good or better. But for the head scratching Gaulden pick, it was an excellent draft.

Uh. Olsen was out for a lot of time this season... 

I understand your point but Olsen was a non factor. Thomas flashed and I do believe he'll be his successor but if Olsen comes back I don't think Thomas will beat him out right just yet. 

Thomas is a really good blocker. That's one thing he has on Olsen as far as when He was a rookie. Coming in Gregs onock was being a bad blocker. He got better as seasons went on. Thomas has straight up stonewalled people. 

6 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Uh. Olsen was out for a lot of time this season... 

I understand your point but Olsen was a non factor. Thomas flashed and I do believe he'll be his successor but if Olsen comes back I don't think Thomas will beat him out right just yet. 

Thomas is a really good blocker. That's one thing he has on Olsen as far as when He was a rookie. Coming in Gregs onock was being a bad blocker. He got better as seasons went on. Thomas has straight up stonewalled people. 

Olsen started half the season (really nine games, but take away one due to injury). As the season went on, Thomas played big-boy football. It is my contention that if he played the entire season as the starter, then he would have made the All Rookie Team. And this is before even taking blocking into account. Give him Olsen's production (as well as more time to get comfortable and transition) and there is definitely an argument that he's on the team as opposed to  Chris Herndon. That's all I'm saying. 

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Also, I wouldn't necessarily say that Jackson "struggled" the further the season went on as much as he got beat a couple of times and had a b.s. call against him. He had some solid games toward the end of the season as well. 

I felt like he had kind of regressed after the Steelers game, but I suspect there may have been a confidence issue after the AB TD.  I also maintain that the AB TD was a offensive PI.

Archived