• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gender Reveal Parties

Cat

Don't get me started.  This is on the list of things that came from people's need to be stuck up their SOs asses at all hours of the day (over lack of trust).  My brother is a prime example of this.  Tell him I have a free ticket to the game and his response is "well I'll have to get a separate one for [wife's name]."  No the fug you do not pal.

Anyway, here is that list:

~Gender Reveal

~Wedding Shower (replaced Bridal Shower)

~Co-ed baby showers (including beer does not exclude this from being load of piss, nor does calling it a "cook out")

My wife and I go back and forth over these things all the time.

Narcissistic society.  

Also with the weddings,  why should a newly married couple start off their lives together in a bigger pile of debt than they already have?  Unless their parents are made of money of course.  Nothing wrong with having a nice wedding, it's an important date.  However several of the ones I have gone to over the past couple of years were waaayyy overkill.  Not only for them but it puts the people who have to travel to these things in a bind also. 

Archived