• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper wants a roof on BOA.

jbland

3 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Arlington, TX is crazy. Spent 1.2b for Cowboys and Rangers. Then Frisco spent 500m for the Star. Did it through Hotel taxes and such. 

Charlotte can spend 500m to improve BOA

Does it include the relocation of the Tampa Rays or an expansion MLB team?  If not, no way in hell Charlotte should spend that.

Just now, Nails said:

Does it include the relocation of the Tampa Rays or an expansion MLB team?  If not, no way in hell Charlotte should spend that.

It could if Tepper wants to buy them. Charlotte can easily pay it off with hotel and other luxury taxes. I'd love to see a professional baseball team in Charlotte. 

44 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

It could if Tepper wants to buy them. Charlotte can easily pay it off with hotel and other luxury taxes. I'd love to see a professional baseball team in Charlotte. 

Tepper isn't interested in MLB. He's already tying himself to MLS, to the point he was having an interest meeting or something with locals about it this week

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

Except that isn't the case when cities fund stadiums for NFL teams:

http://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/22/nfl-stadiums-cost-taxpayers-billions-of-dollars/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

10 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Some places actually do it right and pay off the loan early. This is also the reason that newer stadiums are becoming more of a retail space in addition to the stadium. 

For what it costs to attend an NFL game or concert, I'm all for a comfortable, shaded seat in a climate controlled dome.  

Even better, just build a new stadium and make Charlotte pay for it with higher taxes.  It is the least you can do for making us South Carolinians drive to Charlotte for a game...ha ha.  

4 hours ago, Palmetto said:

If he's paying for it with his own money.

yea he can do whatever he wants

but citizens shouldn't have to pay for new stadiums or upgrades

1. I agree with you.

2. You (and those who agree with you, including me) have no reason to complain if/when the organization the Marty and Ron-loving billionaire owns moves to an area with politicians who are stupid enough to write Tepper a blank check.

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Next: "Well, now that I know what a roof will cost, I'll just throw in several hundred mil more and build a whole new stadium, roof and all, in South Carolina. "

Think about it- a roof is a 2-year build, which is just as long as a stadium takes these days. Where the Panthers gonna play in the meantime? Clemson, again? Throw in that added cost and it might make more financial sense to build new... especially if SC throws in a ton of tax incentives...

Granting your point, which is a really good one, then honestly, if the Hurney/Rivera-lovomg Tepper gets what he wants, what SHOULD happen is move a year or two away from Charlotte as a temporary move, raze BofA (RIP), and build the new facility at the exact same location.

Its PERFECT where it is... don't move it.

Archived