• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Garrett Bradbury should be our 1st round pick

Khyber53

I’d be hard-pressed to use any 1st round pick on a C-only. Not with multiple options who can all play different positions, available. I like Bradberry. Still has untapped potential and superior athleticism after staring out as TE. But I value Risner, Jenkins, McCoy just as much and they all can play at least G as well. 

More the position and depth of it than the player.  

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Has a center ever gone top 10?

There have been a total of just eight centers taken in the first round since 2000. Mike Pouncey was the highest center taken in the draft of those players. Miami took him with the No. 15 pick in 2011.

As far as top 10?

1968 - Bob Johnson, was picked by the Bengals in Round 1 Pick 2.  In the Bengals first season.  I believe it was AFL as well.

1939 - Ki Aldrich was picked by the Chicago Cardinals in Round 1 Pick 1.  After 2 years he moved to the Redskins.

So um...I think the real answer is "no"

Source : http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/c

5 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

Ppl knew we were looking at RB .. Whether it was Lenard or Cmac.. So I don't know why you're acting like Nostradamus.. Still a top 5 RB has more effect and positional value than a Center..

Man, you can go back and check the Huddle. I was way, way ahead of the curve on this one. He wasn't even in the discussion here then. And no, a center can be incredibly valuable versus a top 5 RB. Many would say without a good center, that running back isn't cracking the top 5.

We'll see, though.

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Man, you can go back and check the Huddle. I was way, way ahead of the curve on this one. He wasn't even in the discussion here then. And no, a center can be incredibly valuable versus a top 5 RB. Many would say without a good center, that running back isn't cracking the top 5.

We'll see, though.

No center is more important than Top 5 RB sorry.. Name the 2 centers in the Superbowl without Google please?

8 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

Top 5 talents like Saquon, Elliot, Gurley, and Cmac can carry a offense .. They have higher value. Name the 2 starting centers in the Superbowl without Google?

A Rb that can catch 100 balls and rush for a 1 000 yards isn't a dime or dozen just stop..smh

RB as a position has been devalued in the NFL because the predominately passing offenses don't require a feature back the way they did 15+ years ago. That also shifted when the majority of the teams used a rotation of RB's rather than running one back to death. That doesn't mean they don't have value but unless you are an elite talent, you aren't going to go top 15 in the draft. 

The previous best RB in the NFL held out last year. What happened to that team? The backup RB selected in the 3rd round had almost 1,500 combined yards and 13 TD's in only 13 games.

Finally, there is no clear cut elite back in this draft class. There will likely not be a top 15 back. There is a chance that only one RB goes in the first round at all. So, I have no idea why you persist in making some idiotic argument equating taking a center in the first round to picking a RB in the top 5. Maybe calm down for a minute and realize that what I and a LOT of people are talking about is the possibility of trading down to later in the first of we wanted to go in that direction. And, in my case, that is solely provided that all of our major targets on the team draft board are gone at 16. 

We have a very clear need along the offensive line. We need a LT, OG and C. Those positions are critical to being shored up because we saw our number one and number two QB's get battered until they were too injured to play last season.

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Has a center ever gone top 10?

Bob Johnson #2 overall 1968. Several others back in the earlier days of the league. If we were to take Bradbury at 16 it would be the highest a Center has been selected since the Browns took Steve Everitt 14th in 1993.

8 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Considering our needs, we can grab a C in  free agency.  We cannot grab a DE in free agency.  I just think we have to go  DE--if not, LT or DE. 

My pre combine Big board

1. Bosa DE
  2. Q. Williams DT
  3. Ferrell DE
  4. J. Allen DE (I think he can play 4-3 DE)
  5. J. Williams OT
  6. G. Williams CB
  7. R. Gary DE/DT
  8. Oliver DT
  9. White LB
  10. M Sweat DE
  11. Wilkins DT
  12. Ford OT
  13. Polite DE
  14. G Little OT

I am sure that there would be a few of these names left at 16.

We can grab either in free agency, it is just a question of cost. There are more quality DE's available than centers, but we all suspect landing one of the top DE's will require an extreme price. I am unsure of what the market is going to be for the two elite centers on the market. They could also be prohibitively expensive. 

I would take center with the 1st RD pick IF we resigned D Williams at RT at a good price. Then the 2nd and 3rd round could all be about Defense. If we don't sign Williams, I say LT, keeping Moton at RT and Kalil as a back up.

I'm still in favor of signing a DE in FA and getting a LT and C in the top 3 rounds. OL has a couple of undrafted guys penciled in right now and nobody wants to see Kalil starting. As a back up, yeah, you gotta pay him anyway.

Archived