• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Under the Radar 1st Round Panther Pick

yasuhara2241

So, all this talk has been about Edge and LT because we're having a lot of private visits with several top guys at those positions. 

My question is do you all have a guy you would be happy to get for our 1st round pick that we haven't discussed a lot about?

My UTR pick would be Jerry Tillery. He wont make it to our 2nd round pick. He was extremely productive in college and is very explosive. I remember he wowed me at the combine as well. 

He would be a great 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT to pair with KK on obvious passing downs. 

So,  whose your UTR pick?

Savage has been talked about a lot on day 2 but not at all in the first, and I think he’s in play there and I’d be fine with it (though not my top choice and I dream to get him in the 2nd).

Hockenson hasn’t ever really been mentioned with the Panthers but if he’s there, he’s the pick. And while it’s unlikely he’s there, I don’t think it’s impossible.

A name you hear very little of is Clelin Ferrell. Given free agency / pre-draft presser I find it hard to believe that DL/Edge is not the focus with the 1st round selection. Offensive line and Safety also seem like the next area of focus as well. 

1 hour ago, yasuhara2241 said:

So, all this talk has been about Edge and LT because we're having a lot of private visits with several top guys at those positions. 

My question is do you all have a guy you would be happy to get for our 1st round pick that we haven't discussed a lot about?

My UTR pick would be Jerry Tillery. He wont make it to our 2nd round pick. He was extremely productive in college and is very explosive. I remember he wowed me at the combine as well. 

He would be a great 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT to pair with KK on obvious passing downs. 

So,  whose your UTR pick?

Tillery is grossly underrated. 

My UTR pick is still Garrett Bradbury. Not saying we will pick him since signing a FA starting caliber center, but he could be chosen to play guard with an eye to the future. Smart kid, multi-spot player on the line, something they talked about during the presser.

D-line should be our top priority, followed by Hockenson (if he is there) followed up by O-line -- left tackle, G/C in that order of preference.

Honestly, though, it could be of any position as we could go with BPA and make due elsewhere. 

54 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I would have said Ed Oliver til his pro day.

I'm going with the top LBs, White and Bush. I think there's a .05% chance White is there. Bush is a carbon copy and should be there. Plus he could easily be the BPA too. 

Yeah Oliver just blew up since the draft process started. I was always intrigued about what would happen if DEs went early and we ended up getting someone we wouldn't expect. So what could White or Bush bring to the table for the Panthers? What could they do better than Shaq Thompson? 

First, your Tillery pick is a great example of an under radar panther pick. 

4 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Yeah Oliver just blew up since the draft process started. I was always intrigued about what would happen if DEs went early and we ended up getting someone we wouldn't expect. So what could White or Bush bring to the table for the Panthers? What could they do better than Shaq Thompson? 

Honestly wish Oliver never had his pro-day, cause I do not see him falling out of the top ten(minus a gas mask vid). Honestly, my reason for picking White/Bush is Herniay and Ron love LBs and love picking them(just look at the history). There could easily be a run on DL/Edge, QB and OT leaving White overlooked. Another reason is after the top 2, the LB group is very very light on talent. Not going speak about Luke and the unspeakable cause he looks over that, but Shaq is on a one year deal. With all the talk about hybrid 3-4/4-3 people have forgotten LBs. Inside LB in a 3-4 aliment is vastly different than 4-3. Lastly, both are above average in the pass coverage along with being speed demons, so both are 3 down players.  

I personally wouldn't be shocked or pissed about white or bush being the pick

Tillery and Winovich are my two undervalued players that I'm a big fan of. 

Depending on who is there at 16 I would be opposed to trading down and taking Tillery and then using the capital to move up and grab Winovich in the second. 

I think some teams are going to get two good players in the late first, early second range.

Archived