• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Burns was gone who do you think would have been the pick?

panther4life

40 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

If we want to play hypothetical we could have traded down, gotten an extra pick, and still grabbed Burns if we had the 9th. Unless you're part of the war room all you or any of us know for certain is that they had less options at 16.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. You are right and that was my point. You have a few fewer choices but since no one knows for sure if any of those picks are truly better than what you got all the angst was unjustified and stupid. But again throwing a game wasn't a consideration and shouldn't have been so in the end all the angst and bitching and moaning was for nothing. Too bad the same folks will be bitching again next year I am sure.

Now on to the bitching about Hurney not picking the right guys as we proceed with the draft.   Whiners gonna whine.... 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

we're trading up for grier. watch. take the phone away from hurney.

If that happens it will tell me one of a few things.

Cam's arm is much worse than any of us know about.

They have no clue how Cam's arm is, and Tepper laid into Marty's ass about not having a competent backup to Cam last season.

Marty Hurney and Ron are coaching for their lives, and can't risk losing their jobs in the chance that Cam can't last the season.

It will confirm that we have one of the very worst run front offices in all of football.

5 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

If that happens it will tell me one of a few things.

Cam's arm is much worse than any of us know about.

They have no clue how Cam's arm is, and Tepper laid into Marty's ass about not having a competent backup to Cam last season.

Marty Hurney and Ron are coaching for their lives, and can't risk losing their jobs in the chance that Cam can't last the season.

It will confirm that we have one of the very worst run front offices in all of football.

Take the Cam Homer glasses off. We don't have a legitimate backup they trust. Both of our backups got hurt in the short time they played. We need more durable guys. Plus I don't see us paying Cam 35-40 million in 2021 unless we win a SB with him. So of course we need a backup quarterback and the draft is the cheapest way to get one.  Not getting a backup would confirm our FO is negligent not the other way around.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Take the Cam Homer glasses off. We don't have a legitimate backup they trust. Both of our backups got hurt in the short time they played. We need more durable guys. Plus I don't see us paying Cam 35-40 million in 2021 unless we win a SB with him. So of course we need a backup quarterback and the draft is the cheapest way to get one.  Not getting a backup would confirm our FO is negligent not the other way around.

Not having a viable backup last year proved they were negligent.

Drafting a backup QB with our 2nd round pick would prove they are incompetent.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You honestly dont want to know. Also, he is likely to be the second round pick.

FFS sap hurney and sit him out the rest of the way...it's like with Rivera only playing players due to injuries...it certainly isn't like Hurney doesn't try to do dumb poo. Wonder if he was trying to trade back into the first to take a player that is still not yet taken...

Just now, stbugs said:

:poison:

Every time I’m happy with Hurney 2.0, he’s going to pull out a Gaulden or Poe or Smith or Searcy.

We don’t need a “true” LT who’s not really that good. With his measurables, if he was truly viewed as a good LT, he would have gone top 10. The fact that McGary was picked before him tells you everything you need to know about Little. 

if he wants a true left tackle, i'd prefer Bobby Evans or Yodne Cajuste over Greg Little, even as straight up swaps. 

14 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I think qb in the 2nd or 3rd is not happening, knowing the person cam is I don’t think he be as upbeat if he knew there was some serious issues with his shoulder still, or if he knew qb was on the radar in the early rounds.

just my 2 cents 

Can thrives on adversary and welcomes challenges. He will give his all regardless and he is always upbeat unless we are losing.    

Archived