• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Burns was gone who do you think would have been the pick?

panther4life

One of the things that gives me extra confidence in the Burns selection is the fact that we had a choice of what seemed like other good options available if he was gone. Now I feel like we truly were able to get one of our top targets without having to settle, since other seemingly good choices were still available.

I personally thought Dillard and Sweat would have been considerations but nice to know we got pick out of those 3. Both apparently may have been a bit of a reach since they didn’t go until 22 and 26.

To take it a step further the only players we would have potentially had on the board above Sweat were:

Bosa, Quinen Williams,Allen,Ferrell,White, Jonah Williams,Gary and maybe Hockenson. So I think worst case we got our 10th ranked player at 16 and that feels like a really good value. 

37 minutes ago, panther4life said:

One of the things that gives me extra confidence in the Burns selection is the fact that we had a choice of what seemed like other good options available if he was gone. Now I feel like we truly were able to get one of our top targets without having to settle, since other seemingly good choices were still available.

I personally thought Dillard and Sweat would have been considerations but nice to know we got pick out of those 3. Both apparently may have been a bit of a reach since they didn’t go until 22 and 26.

To take it a step further the only players we would have potentially had on the board above Sweat were:

Bosa, Quinen Williams,Allen,Ferrell,White, Jonah Williams,Gary and maybe Hockenson. So I think worst case we got our 10th ranked player at 16 and that feels like a really good value. 

Gee you mean all the angst about not getting the 9th pick didn't really matter like many of us have been saying for months.  That there would be great choices at 16.  You almost would think some of us have been through this before while others apparently haven't.

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Gee you mean all the angst about not getting the 9th pick didn't really matter like many of us have been saying for months.  That there would be great choices at 16.  You almost would think some of us have been through this before while others apparently haven't.

Ed Oliver, Jonah Williams, Rashan Gary, and Christian Wilkins would have all been available. Buffalo might have been forced to trade up to make sure we didn't get Oliver.

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

Ed Oliver, Jonah Williams, Rashan Gary, and Christian Wilkins would have all been available. Buffalo might have been forced to trade up to make sure we didn't get Oliver.

Again none of them are any better or guaranteed to be day one starters. We got who we wanted. Just because other guys were there doesn't mean we would have picked them. Who said we would have picked any of those guys. There were a lot left we didn't pick like Sweat. Nope your bitching for months was wasted and it is what you were told over and over. Too bad you don't learn so we will have to suffer more of the same next year when we pick 32.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You honestly dont want to know. Also, he is likely to be the second round pick.

If we draft him then I hope I'm dead wrong, but I honestly think Little is straight trash. If we got OL I'd much rather be have Taylor, Ford, Risner. Hell, I'd rather have McCoy, Jenkins, or McGovern for that matter.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

FWIW, it's a bigger hit in the second than it was in the first imo, although we have the possibility to have a first round talent hit us in the second too, but the chances are a lot lower of that happening at 48 vs 41.

No matter what, I am happy we beat the saints because I always will hate losing.

1 minute ago, Carolina Cajun said:

FWIW, it's a bigger hit in the second than it was in the first imo, although we have the possibility to have a first round talent hit us in the second too, but the chances are a lot lower of that happening at 48 vs 41.

No matter what, I am happy we beat the saints because I always will hate losing.

Once again hard to say unless we know who we want and how the draft unfolds.  Everyone is hot to jump up and get someone who was a first round graded guy who is still there. That assumes he is graded that way on our board and is who we want. Newsflash, there will be great picks at 47. Given we have time to negotiate deals, if we are moving up I would suspect it will be in the second.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Again none of them are any better or guaranteed to be day one starters. We got who we wanted. Just because other guys were there doesn't mean we would have picked them. Who said we would have picked any of those guys. There were a lot left we didn't pick like Sweat. Nope your bitching for months was wasted and it is what you were told over and over. Too bad you don't learn so we will have to suffer more of the same next year when we pick 32.

If we want to play hypothetical we could have traded down, gotten an extra pick, and still grabbed Burns if we had the 9th. Unless you're part of the war room all you or any of us know for certain is that they had less options at 16.

Archived