• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 New Star Wars Films Will Start Arriving in 2022

Moorgan

https://io9.gizmodo.com/3-new-star-wars-film-will-star-arriving-in-2022-1834584244

Bunch of side news but the big morsel is this:

That new Indiana Jones project is still scheduled for July 9, 2021, then Christmas looks like this for a few years:

• December 17, 2021 - Avatar 2
  • December 16, 2022 - Untitled Star Wars
  • December 22, 2023 - Avatar 3
  • December 20, 2024 - Untitled Star Wars
  • December 19, 2025 - Avatar 4
  • December 18, 2026 - Untitled Star Wars
  • December 17, 2027 - Avatar 5

It’s important to note too that there’s no indication these Star Wars films are a new trilogy or any of the previously teased films. They may be, but they may not be either. We’ll have to wait and see.

So it looks like Avatar is getting the full launch treatment. I thought the movie was fine but found it a little obvious. Not terrible but not great. But it certainly seems like it's getting a full court press. I'm down for any Star Wars releases. The Last Jedi didn't kill off all excitement for the franchise for me. Just didn't realize Avatar was getting the full treatment.

36 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Disney aint getting another dime from me after ruining Star Wars with the Last Jedi.

Sadly, I’m kinda in the same boat. At least with regards to the 7-8-9 material. 

Loved Solo. I know most people hated it but I really enjoy Star Wars universe stuff that doesn’t have to do with Jedi/Sith. 

I am a huge EU fan, to me that’s the real Star Wars. Not this BS they PC’d and pumped out. Yes, I read an Original treatment for 7-8-9 that was hacked back in 2004-5 and this poo isn’t even close to lucas’s vision. I still have it on a hard drive somewhere. 

If, and I’ve heard rumors and stirrings(apperently Revan is canon now), but that’s all... they go back to the KOTOR age. They might be able to win me back. I mean if they go even further back to the Great Sith War, take a page out of the MCU and don’t go all appease PC characters and actually use the ones written. 

To see Naga Sadow, Exar Kun and Ulic on the big screen... 

Avatar was cool because of the 3d tech involved at the time seeing it on a giant IMAX screen was great other then that it was a mediocre predictable movie. Unless each new release is going to be breaking in some new movie tech I'm personally not interested. 

I'm not super star wars fan but I don't mind watching the movies, I thought Rogue One was solid, the last jedi was dog shize and I'm in the middle of Solo right now which isn't bad, the wife wants nothing to do with the movies so i have to watch them in spurts here and there when I get time 

The story for 7-8-9 could’ve been so good. There were so many different directions Disney could’ve taken. I knew it was in trouble when 7 was just a Death Star reboot. 

I personally would've rather seen Finn’s story growing up as a stormtrooper and the plot/conflict was him trying to escape throughout the movie. Something along those lines. that wouldve been an interesting story IMO

Hopefully it is a whole new story about people we've never heard of.

If the writers from GoT are in charge of these films, though, expect them to be worse than the prequels.

Also, how TF are they gonna make that many Avatar movies? Sounds like a terrible idea.

Most of Avatars appeal was the visuals and how they made the basic and familiar story work so well. At the time it was a real evolution in film making to have 3D generated characters as the main people in the story. But that is all done now and it's something we see all the time. I have a hard time seeing how 4 more movies are going to do anything even remotely like the first. But it's James Cameron and the world has a history of underestimating him.

48 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Also, how TF are they gonna make that many Avatar movies? Sounds like a terrible idea.

34 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

Most of Avatars appeal was the visuals and how they made the basic and familiar story work so well. At the time it was a real evolution in film making to have 3D generated characters as the main people in the story. But that is all done now and it's something we see all the time. I have a hard time seeing how 4 more movies are going to do anything even remotely like the first. But it's James Cameron and the world has a history of underestimating him.

Well, if we go back to the original plan, each movie was suppose to feature a entirely new planet/landscape Archetype.

With 2 being a completely oceanic world, 3 something completely different.

I don’t know if that’s what’s happening still though. A lot of rumors/confirmations has been that now 2-3-4 are going to be back on Pandora. Which I’m not personally a fan of. 

Maybe Pandora is going to be the staging point and they will expand outward but every tagline points otherwise.

The allure of avatar and the style as a whole to me was seeing these amazing new alien worlds. I’m not really sure what they can do more on Pandora.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:31 AM, Shocker said:

Disney aint getting another dime from me after ruining Star Wars with the Last Jedi.

pretty close to the same for me, very wary of their crap now

not seeing any more star wars unless i see that they are getting crazy good reviews. and i mean real reviews after the movie has been out a couple weeks, not just the prelease reviews from critics that they hand pick. this coming from a pretty big star wars fan

avatar, i liked the first so i'll probably check out #2 but only if it looks good, and definitely wont see 3-5 if 2 sucks

On 5/18/2019 at 6:07 AM, R0CKnR0LLA said:

pretty close to the same for me, very wary of their crap now

not seeing any more star wars unless i see that they are getting crazy good reviews. and i mean real reviews after the movie has been out a couple weeks, not just the prelease reviews from critics that they hand pick. this coming from a pretty big star wars fan

avatar, i liked the first so i'll probably check out #2 but only if it looks good, and definitely wont see 3-5 if 2 sucks

I've had to come to the realization that Star Wars worked the best in the time it was made in. The year before Star Wars, for example, the big scifi movie was "Logans Run" CE3K is contemporary but is not really in the same genre. Logans Run had interesting looking but totally fake effects, and not a ton of imagination. It dealt with gloom and doom like most scifi of the 70s, because that's what movies had morphed into after the demise of things like musicals. Damnation Alley, Boy and his Dog, Silent Running....all bummers.

Star Wars succeeded because it turned all that on it's ear and was not afraid to be stirring, and clear delineations between good and bad guys existed. The visual part of the story was given more emphasis than the plot and it worked because people had never seen something like that before. We loved it because as kids we really needed it.

Now we have Bummer Luke, The Jedi Who Went Nuts For A Second, and everything is bad.

You can compare it - a little - to ESB, in that we are leaving our heroes on a cliffhanger, but its a crap cliffhanger - oh my the rebellion is in danger! BIG DEAL, they FROZE HAN! We are supposed to care about this Resistance but they just killed off Luke. And they killed Han. And now Leia is going to have to bite it somehow. They made Poe an idiot and put him with a character crafted out of a Disney computer, and accomplished nothing for almost half a movie.

Holy cow the more I think about TLJ the more I dislike it.

Now we don't have the context of what JJ is going to bring, and I am an optimist - I thought he did a good job with TFA although Luke or Leia should have been with Han at the end (I expected him to die from the moment it was announced he was in the movie). Hans reveal, the Falcons reveal, the gangster fight, the flight through the wreck of the Destroyer...lots of great scenes. That we have to deal with yet ANOTHER death star thing sucked though.

So I will be there opening night for TROS, in large part because I can't wait to see what the title means.

PS Super 8 is the best Abrams movie fight me

Archived