• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is CMC ...

The Huddler

Is CMC..  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Is CMC the best white RB of all time?

lol. I was waiting for someone to get PC about this. He's white. He's a beast. Get over it. 

The short answer is ... Not yet. 

As a Panther fan, I hope he's greater than a whole lot of black running backs. But at this point, he's not even the greatest running back the Panthers have had of all time. 

I think a more interesting question would be... Can Christian be the greatest white running back of all time and still not be the best Panthers running back of all time?

5 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Peyton Hillis 

The greatest white running back before that guy from the Redskins and since ever.  He used to drink beer with his oline.  Peyton hillis was a product of being a minority of a position and was the only reason we know his name along with a bs madden cover.  Cmc is damn good. 

On 5/24/2019 at 9:21 AM, ncfan said:

Still too early

Im curious, if Cam can get healthy and we can protect him.  Will Cam be the best African American QB when he decides to hang it up

Of the ones who have won NFL MVPs since 1980

Warren Moon- 1 MVP, 17 seasons, 291-233 TD/int, 80.9 passer rating, 58.4 comp%, 22 rushing TDs, 

Randall Cunningham- 1 MVP, 16 seasons, 207-134 TD/int, 81.5 passer rating, 56.6 comp %,  35 rushing TDs

Steve McNair- 1 MVP, 13 seasons, 174-119 TD/int, 82.8 passer rating, 60.1 comp %, 37 rushing TDs

Cam- 1 MVP, 8 seasons, 182-107 TD/int, 86.4 passer rating, 59.7 comp %, 58 rushing TDs

Statistically he is and he’s basically played half the seasons of those others. Obviously you can get into more nuanced things like what those guys meant to team, playoff wins, first downs etc. but Cam is on trajectory to be the best Black qb ever. Best dual threat ever if he keeps the pace he will surpass my favorite qb of all time Steve young. You’ll start hearing people say that in commentary in a couple of years IF the shoulder is ok. 

13 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Statistically he is and he’s basically played half the seasons of those others. Obviously you can get into more nuanced things like what those guys meant to team, playoff wins, first downs etc. but Cam is on trajectory to be the best Black qb ever. Best dual threat ever if he keeps the pace he will surpass my favorite qb of all time Steve young. You’ll start hearing people say that in commentary in a couple of years IF the shoulder is ok. 

Im also not talking about all time stat wise

im talking pure talent and superstar ability

On 5/24/2019 at 6:50 AM, Pantha-kun said:

He has only played 2 fuging seasons with 0 playoff wins to his name. 

Really only one great season. Its way too early to say that.  

John Riggins was a while ago but he played 14 seasons,  amassed over 11,000 rushing yards and over 100 rushing TDs 

IMO CMC has got to play at least 10 seasons to even get his foot in the door with that conversation. 

And called a Supreme Court Justice Sandy Baby.  CMC will never top that.  :)

Why does race bother ya'll so much?  This is not the damn 30s we can discuss someone's race without dumb repeated phrases of "I dOnt CaRe i hE wAs BLuE, YelloWW, or PolKa dOt" 

That poo is played out. You do care because your feathers ruffled every time. lol 

4 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

Why does race bother ya'll so much?  This is not the damn 30s we can discuss someone's race without dumb repeated phrases of "I dOnt CaRe i hE wAs BLuE, YelloWW, or PolKa dOt" 

That poo is played out. You do care because your feathers ruffled every time. lol 

its not the race that bothers me.  When you say white RB or black QB, you put them in a box that really doesnt matter.  Im sure Cam and CMC dont want to be remembered as just a black qb or white rb, even if it is the best of that.  When all is said and done, do you want CMC to be compared to Riggins or Faulk?  In the end, how does race matter when comparing CMC to other RBs?

Archived