• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Someone please calm my expectations

KillaCamNewton

55 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

You can have the best team in the league and still lose the big game. See 2015, the year that broke me. 

After that, I can't really get too excited anymore. Now I just take it for what it is and don't get my hopes up. 

'Keep your hopes high, and your expectations low' has always been a good motto.

(But I'd bet you'll be getting excited again, if the Panthers are still playing in January!)

7 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

'Keep your hopes high, and your expectations low' has always been a good motto.

(But I'd bet you'll be getting excited again, if the Panthers are still playing in January!)

Honestly, didn't really get all that excited in 2017 when we made the playoffs. Knew NO had our number and we kind of limped our way in there. 

Might be different this time around, but I'm serious when I say that 2015 broke me. I can't get to that level of hype about the panthers any more. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with high expectations. 

Our team has high expectations. 

So do I. 

High expectations is what should be the norm. 

It's how you manage disappointments that really matter. As with life, THERE WILL BE DISAPPOINTMENTS.  Learn to manage them. 

I dont think we should get too excited until the games are played 

Some of the Panthers best seasons have been  after off seasons with little expectations

And huge disappointments afte  being excited after great off seasons

Like every other team

14 minutes ago, Burnout189 said:

OP has a good reason to be hyped after the off-season we have had.

Even those of us who typically temper our expectations during this time can say we are generally excited looking at the talent on our roster and it's current potential.

Should be a great offensive season

Wait and see on the defensive side for me

9 hours ago, bigdavis said:

I'm over 3 times your age, and I feel the same way.

No need to calm down.  Just enjoy the ride.

IMO, every assessment you made was accurate.  The only caution to over-optimism is potential injury -- but that can happen to any team, or player.

Just verifying here:  You're almost 80 years old? 

i'm getting hyped to.  why not.  there's plenty of time to get out the pitchforks later.  '03 tempered my levels, '15 seemed like deja vu and i haven't been nearly as excited about the regular season since then, but i think i've healed and am  really excited to see some things we've all been wanting to see.  also i remember the year we got adam meadows and all our o-line went down in camp - including him.  so, literally this is the best time for hope and excitement.  it can end so fast.  enjoy it

Archived