• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Star Wars IX Trailer

twylyght

Wow...when I saw that I was speechless!

Ray's lightsabre there at the end is epic, and you have to wonder what happens to her, since she's fought so hard to be the best Jedi she could be.  Also, does this mean that Kylo backs off from the darkness?  

You don't think that this trilogy will end on a downer?

It seems most likely that it's a vision of what path she could go down. Kind of like when Luke saw his own face in the Vader helmet. Without context, it makes for a fantastic visual...generating excitement. In context, it's likely obvious. But we shall see. I'll be there opening weekend for sure. Regardless of how much the last movie bothered me.

Two theories and I'm fairly confident one of these is right which certainly means neither will end up being true. 

1- dark rey is a vision similar to Luke had on dagoba

2- rey is a clone of Luke, hence the "what girl line", that her parents aren't important or she has no parents, and the imagery of seeing 1000s of herself in the mirrors in the last movie 

I'm more excited seeing the fleet of original trilogy Star Destroyers TBH. The more I think about TLJ the madder I get; what a wasted opportunity. I will always give JJ the benefit of the doubt since he made Super 8, and he did a credible job with TFA, but there's a lot of crap to overcome to make this one good. 

The Mandalorian looks cool, but it's the Cassian Andor series I'm more interested in.

My first thought was it was Rey's "failure at the cave" moment, but I like Scrum's theory too.

There's also still the theory that Rey is Anakin reincarnated.

I read this theory a long time ago that this trilogy would feature Luke at some point having the revelation, and the line to Rey, that "You are my father." Obviously, that didn't happen, but the general idea could still be true.

It'd be pretty cool, honestly, that all these people were getting hyped up about who Rey really was, who her parents were, etc. and ended up ultimately being a plot in which the force perpetuated balance through manifesting itself and offspring in human form.

Rey is Luke's father, lol. Not the other way around.

19 hours ago, Bronn said:

My first thought was it was Rey's "failure at the cave" moment, but I like Scrum's theory too.

I read this theory a long time ago that this trilogy would feature Luke at some point having the revelation, and the line to Rey, that "You are my father." Obviously, that didn't happen, but the general idea could still be true.

It'd be pretty cool, honestly, that all these people were getting hyped up about who Rey really was, who her parents were, etc. and ended up ultimately being a plot in which the force perpetuated balance through manifesting itself and offspring in human form.

Anakin's conception was supposedly immaculate, according to TPM, so Rey manifesting into reality isn't that much of a stretch. 

On 8/28/2019 at 2:07 PM, Bronn said:

This has been my thought since the beginning. It makes the most since for her to be Anakin reincarnated or a new chosen one, thus making her a Skywalker in a sense. However with the recent trailer and going back to the cave scene I do see the clone theory gaining traction. But if they go that route I think that does diminish Rey's significance a bit.

Archived