• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would be your first Offensive play on Sunday

PantherBrew

One of the most important things to do early in the game is to identify how the defense is going to line up against formations and how they adjust to motions.  We used to run the first 10 plays of the game in different formations and motions and copy down how they align and adjust to find their weak points.  

I think we line up Shotgun, CMC on the right, Tight end trips left  with Curtis Samuel as #3 (will give Norv and idea quickly how they align to trips and trips motion adjustments).  DJ Moore as the X receiver to the right.  So pre motion, looks like it going to be and edge run to the left with CMC (He stays to help block) running to our strong (left) side.  Then we jet motion Curtis to the right (to give the appearance of a jet sweep, which would make sense because it would be running away strength and from Donald).  

Newton quickly fakes the jet, then gives a glance to Curtis in the flat as a screen, but Nope, with LA thinking that Cam might not be able to throw the deep ball, we hit DJ Moore on a deep post.  Depending on their checks, This would probably give us a favorable match up.  I would imagine they would check C3 to get 8 in the box with the TE. (Depends on scouting), but I think the fake jet sweep will slow their Dline rush down just enough to give DJ time to get deep, and I feel like the safety would have eyes on Samual being in motion.  DJ is the first look, then check down to either Greg in the middle of the field (if the deep safety doesnt bite and goes with DJ), or if it is C3 and the CB with DJ bails fast then check down to Samual in the flats. 

IMG_3475.jpg

Off tackle hand off to CMC. Keep it simple and let the starters settle in. Don’t even care if we go run, run, run, punt. The starters have barely played together and it’s a long game and a long season. I can take a 3 and out on the first series if it helps knock some rust off and let’s the offense feel comfortable.

Archived