• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Room: Allen Pre-Snap Read

ellis

3 hours ago, ellis said:

Keep in mind, this quarterback was not invited to the NFL Combine. I know it’s one game. But this is a big-time read at the line, and an elite throw on the run. And good God, what a catch by Samuel. The good offensive vibes were contagious on Sunday

The offense is just faster with Kyle than with Cam. One thing I havent seen people talk about since the game is clock management. I believe there were different 2 times that Kyle caught the Cardinals defense with 12 men on the field. I used to think it was Ron and co., but apparently the problem looks to be Cam. 

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

when cam comes back however long that may be, it needs to be stressed the importance of getting to the line with time remaining 

Exactly what I just said in another post. Allen caught Arizona defense 2 times with 12 men on the field. Cam would have never done that. I dont think we even got close to a delay of game last Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Having only played HS ball, I know college and pro playbooks have to be vastly more complex. I would think it's like learning a second language. If Cam struggles with that, it could be worth looking into bringing in someone to help him with that. I would think repetition is key.

Well if nfl is college then Cam has been in college for 9yrs and still not graduated with learning a second language. 

2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Having only played HS ball, I know college and pro playbooks have to be vastly more complex. I would think it's like learning a second language. If Cam struggles with that, it could be worth looking into bringing in someone to help him with that. I would think repetition is key.

He’s been in the same system his entire career. He knows the language. I think it’s probably related to his poor public speaking ability where he sometimes has trouble getting the words he wants to say out.

We’ve seen Norv be able to work with a qb and mold him into a very good qb. For years we all know the many qbs he’s worked with one thing that seems to be in favor for Kyle is starting out last year having Norv as your teacher as a young learning QB. Cam is old in football age he’s close to set in his ways. On the other hand Kyle so young and fresh it’s much easier to mold him into the type of player he wants him to be. As long as he possesses accuracy and timing he’s good to run a Norv system. Just wanted to point out his growth which we’ve seen first hand from last season to now relates directly to a good teacher Norv and I’m impressed so far let’s see how Kyle handles his test this week vs a good defense.

15 hours ago, Forty-Eight said:

The offense is just faster with Kyle than with Cam. One thing I havent seen people talk about since the game is clock management. I believe there were different 2 times that Kyle caught the Cardinals defense with 12 men on the field. I used to think it was Ron and co., but apparently the problem looks to be Cam. 

The Huddle, has collectively been complaining about Cam's (previously we thought it was Shula until Shula left and the poo still happens) lack of urgency to get the play call in and break the huddle to give himself time to make the reads like Allen made above. 

People can dog their defense all that they want but the fact is that the Cardinals largely held an "explosive" Baltimore offense below their average production to this point. 

8 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Happy as can be, man, enjoying life and getting a chuckle out of your Pavlovian response to any Cam criticism. Best of the day to ya!

Do you have any actual information to provide that will lend a single shred of credence to the notion that Cam has not been vested in the playbook or the film room?

To suggest so after all we've seen from him as a competitor is just incredibly petty at best.

The few mouth breathers you have egging you on says it all. Birds of a feather..

Archived