• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen: 8000+ yards, and counting.

ellis

I think it all depends on that foot. As long as he can stay healthy below the ankles, I think he can do it for two or three more years. Hell, Jason Witten crawled out of the TV booth and still looks decent. 

He still very effective in this offense, blocking and receiving. If he stays healthy throughout this stretch while Cam is out, his presence gives Kyle a much better shot at sustaining drives and winning games. 

5 minutes ago, SBiii said:

How many more good years do you think Gregger has in him?

Considering his effectiveness as a receiver seems to be largely predicated on his ability to find seams in the defense and then use great hands to haul in anything thrown his way, perhaps several. He doesn’t outrun anybody, so erosion of physical skills might have less impact on his effectiveness than other players his age. Then again that foot is a total crap shoot.

I honestly have no idea but Thomas seems promising when he can’t do it anymore. At this point i’ll just enjoy whatever we get.

35 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Considering his effectiveness as a receiver seems to be largely predicated on his ability to find seams in the defense and then use great hands to haul in anything thrown his way, perhaps several. He doesn’t outrun anybody, so erosion of physical skills might have less impact on his effectiveness than other players his age. Then again that foot is a total crap shoot.

I honestly have no idea but Thomas seems promising when he can’t do it anymore. At this point i’ll just enjoy whatever we get.

Last week, outside of one or two throws, was him winning against man.

That said, he out muscled the guy for a lot of those, and you can get by on that.

I can see Greg playing another year or two after this year and getting 10,000 career yards and making the HoF with or without a SB. Also if he did go on to be an announcer and did it very well that would help him get into the Hall for sure at some point down the road if he doesn’t get in earlier.

Archived