• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allens film study (it's not good)

KaseKlosed

Just now, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

outside of injury cam's tape is typically very good. if it wasn't very good the people who want a guy who "looks the part" instead of cam would have been going through it thoroughly. kyle allen has not been particularly good. it's ok to admit that. yes the team is winning. even elite teams will have to overcome subpar starters. he is a fine backup and im glad we have him in that role.

Cam has some amazing tape and some very bad tape, pre 2018. His highs are amazingly high and vice versa. Sometimes you can find them in the same game. When Cam is at his best, he is a top 3 QB, but can be a bottom 10 guy at his worst. His physical gifts have sometimes allowed him to overcome bad decisions or mechanics and other times not.

My 2 penny point in that post is more about all these people who bring Cam into something that has nothing to do with him, such as the Baker thread and many others, creating in their own minds him being a victim and repeating it over and over in hopes to make it true.

I said in a couple threads for us to reach our full potential, most likely it will be Cam who takes us there but this thread is terrible honestly. It truly shows OP and guy who this twitter is really either has no clue about football or so heavily biased they are blinded by what's there and what isn't to a point they just look ridiculous.

Threads like these are for certain posters who think Kyle is better than even a healthy Cam. People who post things like “cam has never been able to make throws like that” “ cam can’t read the field” etc etc.

if those posters didn’t exist you wouldn’t see people post things like this methinks. 

as far as Allen, he’s been a good/solid backup. Ideally I’d like to see the things he does well because it’s more fun then reading about things he doesn’t do well. 

I think too many miss the fact....that all that is pretty much normal.  

He has 4 starts under his belt.  So yeah, game is going super duper fast.  He is missing some easy stuff a vet would see.  He bails early.  He literally is seeing things every week, every quarter and every series he has never experienced before. 

and we are 4-0.  Little to do but be happy and enjoy his play and see what happens 

I think everyone here has a better idea of what Kyle Allen is and what he brings to the table for the rest of this season. He is a kid who is going to make some big throws and miss some big throws. If given time to throw he will help win you a game. If he is pressured and we are clearly worried about pressure he becomes like any other young player...they make poor reads, panic and force throws. This is natural. Before Cam got hurt I pointed out that Allen doesn't do a ton to help you win. His focus seems to be just don't hurt the team. I wanted Grier to play because I felt like if we were going to have a roster not perform up to its capabilities I wanted the gunslinger. Turns out, we have a lot more talent on both sides of the ball then last year and CMC is straight up an MVP candidate right now and Allen is a QB the team can win with.

Lets stop looking for flaws in all of our players game and celebrate the fact we have enough of a team to carry a QB like this and we are winning. I hate losing. Nobody here is claiming he was outstanding or elite against the Texans or the Jags. He absolutely killed it against the Cardinals though. I expect this to be the trend going forward. If you break the season down into 3 game seasons I expect his standard to be play above average in 1 game and play close to average in 2. We can win with that. 

23 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

You must have missed my recent posts on CMC. I ate my crow. I need you to let it go as well. CMC just does not have the power Kamara or Barkley or Bell has. He is the best weapon we have. Thank you for your on going concern. Have a great day. 

CMC is more elusive, plus none of those guys are really considered power backs. bout the only draw back to CMC is that he cant ram the ball down the middle 3 times in a row for a couple yards at goal line like a Zeke or Gurley. If only superman could return....

11 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Why can’t Panther fans just be satisfied with Allen being a competent back-up right now? Dude has played four games and went undrafted. We’re 3-0 with him playing thanks to CMC and a ferocious defense. 

He’s giving Ron and the staff an excuse to actually let Cam heal, cuz everyone knows if we were losing instead of winning Cam would already be suiting up.

This. 

It's great that Allen's play and the winning means Rivera and company don't feel forced into decisions that aren't in anyone's best long term interests but are in their own short term interests.

Yellow line is the right edge of the pocket. It migrates a pretty good distance left in under 2.2 seconds. He did complete a pass, a fairly hard pass to complete, on the run at the boundary. I understand you want the routes to develop, but this was not an ideal situation. I don’t feel this was a needless abandonment of the pocket. 

D88F29AE-5B41-4535-98BF-0FFBA1B1CEF8.jpeg

Just now, 1of10Charnatives said:

This. 

It's great that Allen's play and the winning means Rivera and company don't feel forced into decisions that aren't in anyone's best long term interests but are in their own short term interests.

See, winning is only valid if it happens with my favorite player in the game. Otherwise it's bad.

1 minute ago, ellis said:

Yellow line is the right edge of the pocket. It migrates a pretty good distance left in under 2.2 seconds. He did complete a pass, a fairly hard pass to complete, on the run at the boundary. I understand you want the routes to develop, but this was not an ideal situation. I don’t feel this was a needless abandonment of the pocket. 

AD428F41-0F5A-4381-B08D-E1BA69990B39.jpeg

15DF61B5-EDA6-4916-87A0-248C81D16F6B.jpeg

CA5DD9A2-BF08-4680-AB77-BB5B86A4D731.jpeg

You have a positive opinion of Allen so your analysis can't be taken seriously.

23 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

This poo is getting beyond ridiculous.

Kyle Allen is currently a very good back up quarterback. 

Nothing more, nothing less.

He gives confidence in the backup QB position the Panthers haven’t had since the early years of Derek Anderson.

This is what I consider a very sane and logical conclusion given the past few weeks of games he has played.  

But sir, sane and logical are not really strong points here.  

Archived