• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defense carrying team

ncfan

49 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

It matters cause you are leaving out context. The fact is it was defenses fault we didn’t make the playoffs those seasons, when you are a defensive HC using the majority of the resources on that side of the football

2014???? We had the 21st ranked D 

in 2017 it was balanced with the 10th ranked D and 11th ranked offense like I stated.

Defenses fault? You mean they didn’t lead us? Okay.  But we didn’t have a great offense then either.  Had about the same offense we generally do overall. 

2013 we had the #2 D

2014 we had the #10 D.  

2017 we had the #7 D

26th, 16th and 19th ranked Os. 

those are the NFL rankings 

overall, when we are good we have played ball control O and good D.  Name a season we had with great O and failed to make the playoffs with bad D.   

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

But but but... da Allen is winning da games.. means he's really good right?

He’s contributing to the win just like any player on a 53 man team.

I’m surprised as a PantherS fan this seems to make you bitter.

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

Think we all knew this but crazy seeing us leading the league in this

And with Cam back we will also have a top 10 offense...we really should. The oline looks better, and we have Greg, Dj, Samuel, and CMC...when has a healthy Cam ever had these weapons? I dont think Cam has been behind a better oline when healthy or across from a defense this good. Im ecstatic and cannot wait, i love Allen and thing hes a great game managing Qb but that D has really helped him out.

12 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

And with Cam back we will also have a top 10 offense...we really should. The oline looks better, and we have Greg, Dj, Samuel, and CMC...when has a healthy Cam ever had these weapons? I dont think Cam has been behind a better oline when healthy or across from a defense this good. Im ecstatic and cannot wait, i love Allen and thing hes a great game managing Qb but that D has really helped him out.

I agree with all but the D.  2013 that D was at a different level from start to finish. 

We need a healthy Cam though.  Think some want him rushed back. He has more work to do.  Earliest is Tenn and I think is being generous. 

Folks need to quit hating on Allen and hope he wins a couple more.  Cam will get the chunk that matters.  The NFCS run at the end.

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Defenses fault? You mean they didn’t lead us? Okay.  But we didn’t have a great offense then either.  Had about the same offense we generally do overall. 

2013 we had the #2 D

2014 we had the #10 D.  

2017 we had the #7 D

26th, 16th and 19th ranked Os. 

those are the NFL rankings 

overall, when we are good we have played ball control O and good D.  Name a season we had with great O and failed to make the playoffs with bad D.   

Again you are making stuff up. We had the 21st ranked defense in 2014, 10th in 2017.

Cam’s rookie year, last year 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Cam did carry and one man show a lot of those offenses.  They just weren’t good offenses overall.  But they weren’t actually asked to be either.  Shula ball era. 

Well don't forget, Rivera was running the old Buddy Ryan philosophy of offense with Shula.

We're not doing that anymore.

3 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Our Defense is elite, if we can get Cam back 100% we could be a contender this year.

yall want us to compete for a super bowl? With Cam we can

I just want a SB.

Cam, KA, Pickles, Flutie, anyone, I do not care who, I just want one SB win so we can all laugh at the Failcons.

Plus my wife is a dirty bird fan.......

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I agree with all but the D.  2003 that D was at a different level from start to finish. 

We need a healthy Cam though.  Think some want him rushed back. He has more work to do.  Earliest is Tenn and I think is being generous. 

Folks need to quit hating on Allen and hope he wins a couple more.  Cam will get the chunk that matters.  The NFCS run at the end.

This 1000x times over

47 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Again you are making stuff up. We had the 21st ranked defense in 2014, 10th in 2017.

Cam’s rookie year, last year 

Again.  I’m using the NFL ranking for defenses. Agree or disagree, this is what the league and public touts when rankings are discussed. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/season/2014/seasontype/2/table/passing/sort/netYardsPerGame/dir/asc

2014 we had the #10 ranked defense. 

If you use DVOA like OP

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef/2014

it has ranked #9 in 2014

if you use points per we drop all the way to #12

Don’t see how that is made up lol

Your turn.  Show me where you get 21st ranked D

2 hours ago, Rags said:

Yes, actually! It's not mutally exclusive!

The Titans defense lets up 15 ppg on average so far this season. Their defense has been lights out.

Their offense can't score out of a wet paper bag.

The Jets WRs are pretty high up in getting separation. Like Falk could not get the ball to them.

It is. Entirely possible to commend Allen for looking good, doing his job and executing the gameplan well and it not be a slight on Cam.

Stop being so goddamn insecure.

Dude shut up.. wins are a team statistic which is the point of my famn post. Fools like you are saying yes Allen winning proves hes good. 

Archived