• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen - Trade

CanadianCat

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I do think the possibility of Newton retiring after this season though is one that should be taken seriously.

I also agree with this... His comments about playing hurt and how he has set himself up outside of football means he doesnt 'need' to play. 

I think if Allen stays the starter the rest of the ear I would say this is a VERY real possibility. 

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

On the flipside of that though, if he was actually good enough to generate that kind of offer, why would you trade him?

If he weren't, and somebody just made a stupid offer, that I could see. But I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

If you put a gun to my head, I don't really see a trade offer for Newton either. It's probably more possible than an offer for Allen, but I don't believe either one happens.

I do think the possibility of Newton retiring after this season though is one that should be taken seriously.

Well, yeah, it's a pretty big "if". 

Also I didn't say jump on it, but if someone offered 3 consecutive years of 1st round picks, 2 2nd rounders & a buxom redhead riding a unicorn (about as likely) you'd have to seriously consider it. 

Just now, 332nd said:

Well, yeah, it's a pretty big "if". 

Also I didn't say jump on it, but if someone offered 3 consecutive years of 1st round picks, 2 2nd rounders & a buxom redhead riding a unicorn (about as likely) you'd have to seriously consider it. 

If I were the owner of a team and my GM offered something like that, I'd likely have him fired, possibly arrested, probably committed.

44 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Agreed.  There is no reason to rush.  However, a team could experience an injury and decide to overpay for a QB---that would be interesting-to see what they would do.

Let's say we stay with the hot hand, Kyle beats SF, and some team decides that Cam is healthy and not playing.  They offer a first rounder and a second in 2020.  You are the GM, know that Cam is uncertain and approaching a contract in 2021.  Do you accept the offer?

Hurney would earn his money, either way.

Tough question. I doubt Hirney and Ron would considering they have to produce this year. I think I would wait till the end if the season anyways. I dont know that Cam is still good, but I also dont know that Allen is winning games or just not losing them. My opinion, Cam could be anything and Allen isn't losing. Either way, I'm not celebrating the long term any time soon.

I wouldn't even consider parting with Allen, even based on this small sample size. I've seen enough that I want to see more of him in a Panthers' uniform, not somewhere else.

And honestly, given Cam's age and injury history in conjunction with his play-style and strengths, I'm kind of salivating at that cap space were we to hand the reigns over to Allen.

I just don't see the positives in giving a big contract to Cam, all things considered and despite how much I've enjoyed him in a Panthers' uniform. And if I can't justify giving him another contract, the course of action is obvious.

You've got to be adaptable in the NFL, both on the field and in the front office. Things change rapidly, and you best always have your finger on the trigger when opportunity arises...eyes open and alert - ready to strike in the moment.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nice try.

It seems pretty obvious that you and some others are checking under your bed for Kyle Allen before you go to sleep. You're worried that he might actually be good enough to replace Newton, and that thought scares you to death.

Here's the thing, though: All the words you write on this message board have zero effect.

Nobody that matters is listening, nor should they be.

What happens with Newton is going to happen. If he comes back to form, great. But if he doesn't and Allen ultimately replaces him, there's not a thing you can do about it. That's just reality.

And again, the vast majority of us don't care how this turns out as long as we're winning. It's about the team, not who plays for it.

Like I care if you think anything i say makes sense. Your the biggest fraud on this board pretending to be something your not. This board means more to you than it does to me. I dont pretend to sit on the fence. I state my opinions for all not for Mr. Scott's opinion. Your basically the Jerry Richarson of this board who asks people to call him "Mr". You can keep your conservative opinions and backwards thoughts from everyone else on this board and we wouldnt lose any sleep.

Thanks for trying tho.

1 hour ago, Nesbro1 said:

Bill didn't trade Jimmy G to stick with Brady.

He did it because Brady felt threatened and went to his Daddy ( it's documented that Kraft and Brady have this weird father son relationship)

Kraft forced Bill to trade him and Bill purposely sent Jimmy to a good situation and didn't take the best deal.

Isn't Bill the GM? He should have not traded Jimmy G. Dont act like brady got on the line and made the deal himself.. fact is Bill signed off on it good or bad.

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You can't trade a promising young QB in this league, especially when your starter hasn't been able to stay on the field. You just can't.

Deja Vu, Remember when people wanted to trade DA, when he was the only viable option to keep the team going while Cam was hurt back in the day? Same applies now, except that Kyle is younger and is actually a better back up. With potential to be a starter. But people want to trade him away. lol. 

24 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Like I care if you think anything i say makes sense. Your the biggest fraud on this board pretending to be something your not. This board means more to you than it does to me. I dont pretend to sit on the fence. I state my opinions for all not for Mr. Scott's opinion. Your basically the Jerry Richarson of this board who asks people to call him "Mr". You can keep your conservative opinions and backwards thoughts from everyone else on this board and we wouldnt lose any sleep.

Thanks for trying tho.

No better way to show how objectively you're evaluating the football info than to throw a tantrum and not even include any statements related to the actual topic.

Oy :eyeroll:

Archived