• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kawaan Short

Matt62881

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Said when we signed Trai and let Norwell walk, as well as signing KK and letting Star walk....are we signing the right players?

I didn't like letting Star go.   Said it back then, he was the better overall DT of the two.   One stopped the run, one pass rushed.  Obviously, they both did both but overall that was their function. 

Goes back to the Panthers drafting to do X....and then failing to do it.  I mean, you drafted Butler so you had to ability to part with KK if needed, not Star.  Then you part w/ Star because Butler wasn't what you thought.  Never made sense. 

We were a top 5 rush D the last 3 seasons before Star left and now can't stop anyone.  Yeah, it is a passing league but it also a CMC, Kamara, Cook, Jones, etc dynamic rush attack league too.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I didn't like letting Star go.   Said it back then, he was the better overall DT of the two.   One stopped the run, one pass rushed.  Obviously, they both did both but overall that was their function. 

Goes back to the Panthers drafting to do X....and then failing to do it.  I mean, you drafted Butler so you had to ability to part with KK if needed, not Star.  Then you part w/ Star because Butler wasn't what you thought.  Never made sense. 

We were a top 5 rush D the last 3 seasons before Star left and now can't stop anyone.  Yeah, it is a passing league but it also a CMC, Kamara, Cook, Jones, etc dynamic rush attack league too.

KK had a huge season, and got paid off of it, just wasn't sure it was the right move then.

Interior pressure from DT's is very valuable, especially in a division with as many good QB's as we have, but Star made that easier on KK with us putting teams in bad down and distance by them not being able to run the ball.

Star was great, and seemingly every defense he plays on is legit.

Just now, thefuzz said:

Completely made up.  People thought he wanted to be back out West.

Had a lot of traction.  I feel like it had to have some truth to it.  Rumors usually don't make it that far if they are completely made up.

If it is made up, that is pretty bad.  That was my reasoning for being ok with him hitting the road.

13 minutes ago, BlazeCarolina said:

Had a lot of traction.  I feel like it had to have some truth to it.  Rumors usually don't make it that far if they are completely made up.

If it is made up, that is pretty bad.  That was my reasoning for being ok with him hitting the road.

Around here rumors tend to take on the identity of truths sometimes.

5 hours ago, CRA said:

Star Lotulelei. 

Should of kept that man. He didn't make the sexy fun sack plays like KK.  He had a different job/role.  Star was the most underrated player we had over the last decade.  

Run D fell off the map when he left.

Don't remind me. Star is a big reason why that Bills Defense on another level. KK earned his contract but has been non-existent ever since he signed the dotted line.

I still reminisce on the explosive impact Star made in his rookie debut against the Seahawks.

tumblr_inline_o1ji8tOH541qd2dks_500.gif

I remember Gman saying that Star was the one empowering KK to make all his plays. It's harder to catch just watching the game, but it makes sense.

I remember most of the board thinking we got a better DT in Poe than Star, and that the Bills overpaid Star.

Beane was the one that signed Star to that massive contract - a Gman disciple. He knew, and so did McDermott. Makes a lot more sense in hindsight. 

Archived