• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Rips into Panthers WRs, "They may draft a WR in the 1st this year that will actually give good effort"

ncfan

Smitty was on WFNZ earlier

- said 49ers are a good team, Panthers are a avg team

- they asked you wont see that type of blowout again.  Smitty: "Is #64 going to be on the field?" "Your going to get beat, this is a copy cat league.  You dont think Edge Rushers like Cam Jordan arent going to watch that tape?"

Then he ripped into the WRs.  "Anytime the Panthers play a good defense, they struggle."  "Tennessee has some good CBs".

Then goes onto "they cant beat Press, cant beat Zone, they give lackluster effort"  the Panther will be drafting in the 20's, and there are a lot of good WRs there.  And it wont surprise me that they will draft a WR who will give good effort"

https://wfnz.radio.com/blogs/clubhouse-kyle-bailey/are-panthers-just-average-team-steve-smith-explains

He's telling it like it is.

He have been high on Moore initially, and while Moore may put up decent numbers for the whole year, he certainly hasn't established himself as a true WR1.

And Samuel hasn't performed exceptionally either.

I still believe they both have the talent, but the production hasn't been there, and according to someone who is qualified to make the judgement, neither is the effort.

Hopefully this will light a fire under them.

I honestly don’t know how well they are against man, I gotta look at all 22 in order for me to give a solid opinion. 

I think it’s unfair to Samuel who has scorched dbs repeatedly all year but either gets under thrown or overthrown.

moore has been solid all year since the fumbles

1 minute ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Uh, didn't he say that they drafted his replacement with Moore? 0.o

I mean you can be high on a guy coming out but then they flop and some times lack of effort.  If not, there would not be such thing as a bust

Just now, ncfan said:

I mean, when they start to ball out, yes they arent labeled a bust.  Thats kind of how it works

.....well first and foremost the point here is that flip flopping like that is ass. 

Secondly if that's the case no one is ever wrong about any player then. Because they can 'change' their mind about them after the fact. 

Thirdly, if you're labeling Moore as a 'bust' as of now in his second year, then you're not understanding positions or what the word bust actually means. This isn't geared towards you specifically, i'm saying this in general.  WR usually take longer to develop and make an impact. As of now Moore has been more on the average side than the bust side. For the year and half he's been here. I wouldn't label him a bust just yet, seems to me that Smith taking the hot take on this. The loss was horrible but the WR's were the least of the worries to be completely honest. 

Archived