• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen and his fumbling issues.

ellis

4 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Where's the fallacy? Turning the ball over decreases your chance to win football games. 

QBs fumble.  A lot of times new QBs fumble A LOT.  That is the point.

Whether your the actual GOAT in Brady or a Panther GOAT in Delhomme.   

36 minutes ago, ellis said:

I’ve seen a lot of analysis that Kyle Allen’s fumbling will cost this team down the stretch. I’ve seen people say that it’s an epidemic, although he hasn’t lost a fumble in a month. But, that’s fine. He did have three in one game. That sucks.

You know, I guess they are right. If you fumble the ball in your first year as a starter, you better just go ahead and start looking another gig. It’s like they say: early fumbles from a young quarterbacks can absolutely wreck a career. 

Especially if you fumble 36 over your first three years. Hell, that was such an accomplishment, they gave Tom Brady a pair of rings for it.

EE7FB9D8-C3DF-4EC6-AFC8-2B79EAFFF448.jpeg

Prepare for the huggers to go full retard on you. 

7 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

It's just funny that Tom brady always comes up when Allen is mentioned on here for some unknown reason

Brady is an easy benchmark to use.

Ellis is pointing out a couple of things here.

One, young quarterbacks fumbling is a poor indicator of whether they're going to be good or not.

And two, people are falsely hanging on to a problem that has since disappeared as if it were still happening on a regular basis.

Are either of those points invalid?

What's supposedly "ridiculous" about his points?

1 minute ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

unless you're also going to argue that allen's tape looks like early brady or w/e then this is a pointless exercise. the problem isn't just that he turns the ball over. the problem is he does it without being particularly good elsewhere. walk out on that limb if you want but it feels like trolling otherwise.

use Jake Delhomme instead of Brady for the exercise.  

48 minutes ago, ellis said:

I’ve seen a lot of analysis that Kyle Allen’s fumbling will cost this team down the stretch. I’ve seen people say that it’s an epidemic, although he hasn’t lost a fumble in a month. But, that’s fine. He did have three in one game. That sucks.

You know, I guess they are right. If you fumble the ball in your first year as a starter, you better just go ahead and start looking another gig. It’s like they say: early fumbles from a young quarterbacks can absolutely wreck a career. 

Especially if you fumble 36 over your first three years. Hell, that was such an accomplishment, they gave Tom Brady a pair of rings for it.

How many is Allen on pace for this season? 8ish? People really love to overreact.

Let's just make one Cam Newton thread, pin it to the top of the forum, and merge any new threads related to him with that one.

Then do the same thing for Kyle Allen.

You would think there's only one position on the football team. So many redundant threads with redundant takes from the same people.

• "Cam Suckz"
  • "Cam is done being a Panther"
  • "Cam is retiring"
  • "Cam will come back and dominate"
  • "Kyle Allen is better than Cam"
  • "Kyle Allen is garbage"
  • "Kyle Allen is okay"
  • "Trade for Trubinsky or sign Kaepernick" - morons

That's all I seem to read on here. It's the Stan's vs the Nats' (Stan backwards).

I agree with the premise that a young guy fumbling is a poor indicator in such a small sample size and I also agree that comparing Allen to Brady is just as ridiculous at this point. Allen has some large hurdles to clear to have that conversation, even in a confined comparison space the chances he pulls a Brady is outside the standard deviations. Matt Moore or Alex Smith seems a more apt comparison at this point and I think that picture to comparisons is still too early. The most amazing thing Brady ever showed me is that he added significant arm strength, and that guy has set a high bar in multiple feats. He had a noodle arm and still won a SB with it then came back stronger and stronger. I can't even think of another QB who has made that big of a progress with his arm strength. Has there been others with that much of a noticeable progression?

Just now, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

that's of course a much fairer comparison. idk why people are purposefully going out of their way to bring up guys like brady. i know what they would say but that doesn't mean it makes sense. "brady fumbled a lot to start but ended up a hall of famer!!" is pretty meaningless if we all accept that kyle allen has showed us all significantly less than brady showed early on

Kyle Allen has good ball security compared to Jake Delhomme early on.    Can Kyle be as good or better than Jake Delhomme? Sure he could. 

and people bring up Brady … because he is a textbook example of why everyone has a shot until they prove they don't.  No one thought Brady was going to be Brady when he was drafted.  When he started 7 games or when he finished his first season. 

1 hour ago, ellis said:

John Elway completed 47.5% of his passes during his first year, and he fumbled 20 times in his first 2 seasons.  He has 2 rings and a bust in Ohio.

We demote Allen to eternal backup for life because he lost a road game to drop to 7-1 overall while completing 61.3% of his passes, throwing 11 TDs vs. 4 Ints in those 8 games. 

By the way, Allen is 23--a year younger than Brady was in 2001. AND Brady was drafted much higher than Allen.

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

John Elway completed 47.5% of his passes during his first year, and he fumbled 20 times in his first 2 seasons.  He has 2 rings and a bust in Ohio.

We demote Allen to eternal backup for life because he lost a road game to drop to 7-1 overall while completing 61.3% of his passes, throwing 11 TDs vs. 4 Ints in those 8 games. 

By the way, Allen is 23--a year younger than Brady was in 2001. AND Brady was drafted much higher than Allen.

You're saying Kyle Allen is the next John Elway!!! :mad:

There, see how stupid that sounds?

Archived