• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen and his fumbling issues.

ellis

15 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Did anyone actually say that Kyle Allen wouldn't have a good career because of his fumbling?  If they did I feel they were the rare cases.

I always thought the main argument was that the fumbling was *one* of the reasons why if Cam were to come back 100% healthy that Cam should have first shot at starting.

I admit, I was using a little hyperbole there. I don’t know what you’re reading, but I get a lot of comments on Twitter. Some of those comments harp on the fumbles. It’s a card people hold in their back pocket. I try not to do that. I try to separate each game. I’m encouraged by his ball security was in the pocket. I thought the San Francisco game was terrible, but I would not put all that on him. The playcalling early on was not in alignment with the favorable matchups they possessed against San Fran. The interception Sunday was unfortunate. The worst of the passes was the very first one last week. I’m fair man. But I’m not gonna sit here and trash the guy. Doesn’t feel like a very credible way to do business.

1 minute ago, ecu88 said:

IMG_20180928_205325.jpg.d944b7ceaaf04380dbb8c2c903c1b10c.jpg

Mitsubishi had the funniest truck commercial I have ever seen a few years back.

I remember that :)

A couple of my best friends in college were marketing majors. I learned way more about the advertising business than I needed to know.

2 minutes ago, ellis said:

I admit, I was using a little hyperbole there. I don’t know what you’re reading, but I get a lot of comments on Twitter. Some of those comments harp on the fumbles. It’s a card people hold in their back pocket. I try not to do that. I try to separate each game. I’m encouraged by his ball security was in the pocket. I thought the San Francisco game was terrible, but I would not put all that on him. The playcalling early on was not in alignment with the favorable matchups they possessed against San Fran. The interception Sunday was unfortunate. The worst of the passes was the very first one last week. I’m fair man. But I’m not gonna sit here and trash the guy. Doesn’t feel like a very credible way to do business

I feel its important to realize *why* people were trashing the guy.

Its because of the insane push people made that Kyle Allen > 100% healthy Cam Newton.  And that even if Cam returns healthy, he should be benched for KA.

This had a chain reaction.  Because the next step is that people would look at KA more critically than normal, to point out why KA should not start over a 100% healthy CN.

We can't just all sit back and enjoy that for once we have a quality back up.

5 minutes ago, ellis said:

It’s hilarious that you’re going to roll the troll card out on me. I do film analysis without trashing players. That would be the textbook opposite of trolling. 

So, let me ask you a question: without being particularly good elsewhere? You really believe that? You don’t draw any positives from his play on the field? It’s all bad? Is there any nuance involved here? I’m factoring in everything, including coming in on short notice with the weight on his shoulders, and playing well enough to win football games. I’ve never said he’s a starting caliber quarterback. I did say he could be a long-term solution for the number two spot here. 

What is your take on his deep throw accuracy issues? Is it footwork related? Do you think he lacks the range? What about timing? Is he too late on any of these throws? 

It’s really hard to go 5-1 with a bad run defense and a terrible quarterback. 

Let him DM Billy Marshall on Twitter with your questions and he’ll get back to you in 2-3 business days. You’re kidding yourself if you think he knows the first thing about film analysis.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

QBs fumble.  A lot of times new QBs fumble A LOT.  That is the point.

Whether your the actual GOAT in Brady or a Panther GOAT in Delhomme.   

A turnover is a turnover.  We rightfully criticize The GOAT Panther QB in Newton when his turnovers put the game in question and ask him to do better. 

Everyone has admitted the fumbles were a problem and it's something Allen has worked on. 

Tom Brady jumped to the next level when he limited his turnovers and increased his touchdown output. 

So when people say Kyle Allen needs to score more touchdowns and have less turnovers if he wants to be a franchise QB they are absolutely right. 

26 minutes ago, ellis said:

It’s hilarious that you’re going to roll the troll card out on me. I do film analysis without trashing players. That would be the textbook opposite of trolling. 

So, let me ask you a question: without being particularly good elsewhere? You really believe that? You don’t draw any positives from his play on the field? It’s all bad? Is there any nuance involved here? I’m factoring in everything, including coming in on short notice with the weight on his shoulders, and playing well enough to win football games. I’ve never said he’s a starting caliber quarterback. I did say he could be a long-term solution for the number two spot here. 

What is your take on his deep throw accuracy issues? Is it footwork related? Do you think he lacks the range? What about timing? Is he too late on any of these throws? 

It’s really hard to go 5-1 with a bad run defense and a terrible quarterback. 

Dont you dare challenge Scooter like that, unless you're looking for a disappearing act or a predictable deflection. Those type of people you can't ask multiple questions in one email, they all have to be on their own.

15 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I feel its important to realize *why* people were trashing the guy.

Its because of the insane push people made that Kyle Allen > 100% healthy Cam Newton.  And that even if Cam returns healthy, he should be benched for KA.

This had a chain reaction.  Because the next step is that people would look at KA more critically than normal, to point out why KA should not start over a 100% healthy CN.

We can't just all sit back and enjoy that for once we have a quality back up.

I just never saw that take, that the team should dump Newton for Kyle Allen, from a credible piece of reporting. Are we talking about like the first take shows? If so, those don’t count. If there’s a segment of Twitter fans that were calling for that, again, I’m not putting stock into that. I follow reasonable people like Greg Cosell, Matt Bowen, Pat Kirwan. A few others as well, but not too many. And I guarantee you, any show that was proclaiming Kyle Allen as the heir apparent to Newton was nothing I was within a million miles of.

Archived