• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colin's Hot Take

jb2288

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I'd rather take a shot on Tua than Rivers. Rivers was a great QB but the guy is shot. Like Eli level shot.

If Tua is there at 12-16 and we pick there I absolutely think we take him and have to. Just not sure I love it but it's a chance you have to take. I think Rivers has another year or 2 in him. Think he's second in passing yards right now 

So we want an old Rivers, who was less mobile than any player on the roster when he was a rookie? That's who we want behind this oline? I think that would be a tragic ending to a good QBs career. 

This team needs a mobile QB that can beat the blitz with his legs and torch the defense a couple of times. Then they'll back off with all the blitzing. We don't have Brady and Bill. They are the only combo that might have success with this oline with a less-than-mobile QB.

Just now, jb2288 said:

If Tua is there at 12-16 and we pick there I absolutely think we take him and have to. Just not sure I love it but it's a chance you have to take. I think Rivers has another year or 2 in him. Think he's second in passing yards right now 

Tua was already somewhat of a polarizing QB prospect and now you add on a huge injury question mark. Who knows, our next GM may not be high on him even before the injury.

Just now, Navy_football said:

So we want an old Rivers, who was less mobile than any player on the roster when he was a rookie? That's who we want behind this oline? I think that would be a tragic ending to a good QBs career. 

This team needs a mobile QB that can beat the blitz with his legs and torch the defense a couple of times. Then they'll back off with all the blitzing. We don't have Brady and Bill. They are the only combo that might have success with this oline with a less-than-mobile QB.

Honestly, Father Time has caught Brady. He looks fairly average this year, but it doesn't matter because the Pats have built an absolutely dominant D.

6 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I agree but if the decision is made I don't hate it. But as you said would prefer to keep Cam. Also a lot of talk of if we lose a few more and if Tua injury drops him a few more spots we could end up there. Not sure I like that idea either 

Is anyone even sure Cam wants to stay in Charlotte? A lot of people are saying Ron and Cam aren’t getting along very well right now. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tua was already somewhat of a polarizing QB prospect and now you add on a huge injury question mark. Who knows, our next GM may not be high on him even before the injury.

Yeah agreed. I mean I'd stay away with him top 10, but in our current situation if we lose a few more games and he falls to us I just think you have to take that chance. Unless Burrow is there by a miracle. 

Of course if we somehow know Cam is fully healthy before April and he wants to be here another year that changes everything. 

Archived