• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colin's Hot Take

jb2288

The team is too talented to tank for a top prospect. Best bet is to let Cam heal and give him another go next year unless he wants to force a trade. My only concern there is that if Ron is fired then we’re gonna have a new OC and a new learning curve for Cam. Would like to see some consistency in the game plan so he could hit the ground running.

18 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Rivers was way better than I expected he would be but watching him earlier this year...I mean guy is old.  Looks like he is shotputting the ball.  No thanks

There are only two extremes when it comes to Rivers.  "Strong/good enough to make it work" and "wtf is he trying to do with that ball."  We are currently experiencing the latter.

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we want a stop gap QB why not just hang onto our current guy? I'd rather take a shot on Cam getting healthy than a completely washed soon to be 38 year old Rivers.

I'd agree with you but I don't. Why? Because as long as Rivera is here, the "healthy" Cam rhetoric is a moot point. Rivera is and has been the problem the whole time. 

Tepper better figure this out. I rather he cuts ties with him at the end of the season and starts fresh than suffer through what could have been seasons every damn season. It's asinine to think things will change with the same guy as Head Coach. 

41 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Just overheard on the radio. Talking of trading Cam for Phillip as Phillip doesn't want to move to LA, Cam would be a superstar in LA, Phillip is from Carolina area, etc. I still hate the thought of moving off Cam but interesting to see what the national media is thinking. Could give us 2 years to figure out if Grier is the guy or not. Don't shoot the messenger (I still want Cam here next year) 

We trade a guy who might never be again for a guy who never really was, plus is eight years older?

Just not wanting to be part of any of that.

LOLOLOLOL @ anyone and everyone wanting Philip Rivers.

4 INTs tonight including the same dealing pick in the endzone from the 25 while driving to tie with under 30 seconds to go. 3 TDs vs. 7 INTs over the past two games.

I would honestly rather stick with Kyle Allen than go after Rivers. This dude is shot.

11 hours ago, mc52beast said:

It’s funny how the talking heads who continually bash Cam all of a sudden think he would be a superstar playing for someone else.

I don’t want Rivers. He would get killed behind our o-line. 

National media has a huge big market over small market bias. The only real exception to this is when a small market team has a flashy superstar, like Favre and Rogers in GB, Cam and CMC here, etc etc. Ever seen a breakdown of how broadcast time on Sportscenter is spent discussing teams in large media markets vs teams in smaller ones?

Hence they hate Cam when he's playing here, but love the idea of him in LA.

12 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Just overheard on the radio. Talking of trading Cam for Phillip as Phillip doesn't want to move to LA, Cam would be a superstar in LA, Phillip is from Carolina area, etc. I still hate the thought of moving off Cam but interesting to see what the national media is thinking. Could give us 2 years to figure out if Grier is the guy or not

Possibly the single most illogical and categorically misguided take I have ever seen in the history of Al Gore's internets.

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we want a stop gap QB why not just hang onto our current guy? I'd rather take a shot on Cam getting healthy than a completely washed soon to be 38 year old Rivers.

The fact that this is a genuine discussion should tell you everything.

Trade cam, because a backup quality qb is winning.

Or

Trade Cam for a QB who is 30 seconds away from retiring.

I cant even anymore, these takes have soared past looney toons level of laughable.

Archived