• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on a Josh Rosen Draft Day Trade

Soul Rebel

If this organization does not see Cam here beyond 2020, would you be opposed to sending a day 2 pick to Miami for Rosen? 

IMO, this kid has been in B2B sh*tty situations and has had an uphill battle with dysfunctional organizations. He showed flashes as a rookie, but also had a typical down year with rookie mistakes in AZ. He was part of Kingsbury's housecleaning and focus on Murray, so being traded after one year is not his fault. 

Onto MIA where they are a bottom-5 organization, IMO, and were always in full tank mode for 2019.....Shipped out Minkah, Tunsil, Stills & Drake. 

I know it's still early to gauge a 22-year old kid in his 2nd year, with his 2nd organization and 2nd coordinator, when he knows that they don't think you are the future. I thought he was the sharpest QB coming out last year, but he does have a learning curve. 

Personally, I think letting Cam go if he's healthy in 2020 is a mistake, but that's yet to be seen if it's hearsay or if there's fire where there's smoke.

I think a new GM, Coach, OC, etc. that doesn't view Allen or Grier as their choices, could be interested in a buy-low young QB. If we aren't able to select Tua (probably drafting too late for Burrow & Herbert), would you be interested?

I'd take a flier on the kid for a late round pick. 

I wouldn't bet the farm on the guy, but I'd kick the tires. Dude really has been put in a position to fail ever since he's been in the league. I'd be interested to see what happens if he ends up behind an established vet (Tom Brady, Big Ben, or Drew Brees) and see how he develops within a stable organization.

I respect the opinions and it's possible that he is JAG that didn't fulfill his collegiate potential.

Sure he hasn't looked good in the NFL yet, but looking at where he was also lends credence to his shortcomings. The 2018 Cardinals were a historically bad offensive team. They fired their OC after the 7th game and the guy that followed is now in Tampa, so he didn't last. AZ had a plan last year that involved cutting and gutting in preparation for 2019.

Onto Miami, where you could argue that they are the 2019 version of the Cardinals (maybe Cincy has that title..haha). Again, like in AZ, no tutalage or structure, because they are preparing the table for the following year. 

I don't think he will be the second coming of Aaron Rodgers, but I do think Rosen has a place as a starter in this league, and needs a change of scenery to thrive and be successful. I see a bit of Carson Palmer in him. 

Coming out of UCLA he had all the tools, just hasn't had the proper structure, guidance and culture to take the next step, IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get the idea that maybe he'd benefit from a change of scenery, but from what I've read about the guy he's really just too high on himself.

I get kind of a Jeff George, Ryan Leaf vibe off of him, and that's something I would never touch.

He's already had one change of scenery.

I said it about both Rosen and Paxton Lynch coming into the draft, those guys were way too cocky and were gonna get broken in the NFL. Those are probably the most smug, cocky dudes I've ever coming into the draft.

Archived