• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PanthersWire says we're up to 8th.

trueblade

3 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I wouldn’t mind getting some extra picks and trading back. Not sold on anyone of this years QB prospects. Take the best LT or trade back.

This is the logical choice but we’re dealing with Hurney here. Do we really want him to have tons of 2nd and 3rd round picks? Unless they put him on a short leash and give more drafting control to the new coach, I don’t have any hope for this upcoming draft or FA.

I’m just happy the Aints are still playing for something this week. I expect Payton to order a no holds barred assault Sunday and will probably only see a couple guys actually show some effort. 

Not sold on anyone in this years qb class, would rather get a stud LT or a stud DT. Gotta get the trenches fixed.

7 minutes ago, Tbe said:

This is the logical choice but we’re dealing with Hurney here. Do we really want him to have tons of 2nd and 3rd round picks? Unless they put him on a short leash and give more drafting control to the new coach, I don’t have any hope for this upcoming draft or FA.

I'd load up on 2021 picks. My theory is the guy Tepper wants is under contract through this next draft so build up picks for that guy in the following draft. It means we have to put up with one more Hurney draft, but that's the consequence of the poor decision Tepper made in January. 

at 8 we have a pretty good shot at Derrick Brown, the DT out of Auburn.  He's a day 1 starter.  At 6 we may have a shot at the LT out of Georgia,  Andrew Thomas.  

LTs are harder to find than DTs.  I think Brown is probably the better player, but I can't see us walking away from the best LT in the draft as much as we have sucked since Jordan quit.  Thomas could solve out toughest position for a good 12 years or so.

41 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I’m just happy the Aints are still playing for something this week. I expect Payton to order a no holds barred assault Sunday and will probably only see a couple guys actually show some effort. 

Not sold on anyone in this years qb class, would rather get a stud LT or a stud DT. Gotta get the trenches fixed.

I love Derrick Brown.  While I think an OT would be nice, we need 2 DTs (after getting rid of McCoy and Butler).

Archived