• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we please start Kyle Allen this week so we have a shot at beating the saints!

FeelTheBurns53

8 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Can't make us feel any worse about our team right now.  This has no affect

True, I really didn’t want to have to go there but my hand was forced. 

Merry Christmas to y’all. 

:)

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The one constant is Saints choking in the playoffs. It's a franchise tradition. 

I’ll take it, it goes great with our other franchise tradition of back-to-back-to-back winning seasons.

:tongue:

Merry Christmas, friend. 

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Do you mean that the odds of drafting in each round positionally or the odds of drafting by round? Because one of those I have never seen data for and the other is pretty conclusively counter to what you are saying. 

What I'm saying is that potentially picking 6 vs picking 8-12 is not worth going on the field without playing to win.

You're not guaranteed a better player @ 6-8 than you are @ 12.

AnnualConcreteLemming-size_restricted.gi

37 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I’ll take it, it goes great with our other franchise tradition of back-to-back-to-back winning seasons.

Merry Christmas, friend. 

Must also go with your tradition of being a losing franchise, say the 26th in all-time winning percentage and 20th in postseason winning percentage? 

You know the one thing that you share with some of your bottom six mates? Three of them(Tampa and NY Jets are the others) are the only three franchises in NFL history to win a Super Bowl and never return!

Happy Holidays! 

happy montrezl harrell GIF by LA Clippers

People in this fanbase really want to pass up a potential franchise changing player so we can look good in a meaningless game?  You play to win the game when your contending for something.  Otherwise, you try to figure out what you have and become a contender.

19 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

What I'm saying is that potentially picking 6 vs picking 8-12 is not worth going on the field without playing to win.

You're not guaranteed a better player @ 6-8 than you are @ 12.

AnnualConcreteLemming-size_restricted.gi

Eh, fair enough but I'd still rather have the great option of players available at 6 rather than 12. The win....pretty meaningless other than to remind Saints fans that they root for a loser team.

15 minutes ago, CatTower said:

People in this fanbase really want to pass up a potential franchise changing player so we can look good in a meaningless game?  You play to win the game when your contending for something.  Otherwise, you try to figure out what you have and become a contender.

this is a bit dramatic.  it may change our draft position by a handful of slots, but it isn't going to force us to give up our 1st round selection.  there is no guarantee that picking 8th vs, say, 10th or 12th guarantees you a better player.  I would bet that the success rate for 8th, 10th, 12th is all fairly similar for most positions.

I am not worried about winning screwing our draft picks up, as it might indicate we've seen some growth from some of our young players.

26 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

this is a bit dramatic.  it may change our draft position by a handful of slots, but it isn't going to force us to give up our 1st round selection.  there is no guarantee that picking 8th vs, say, 10th or 12th guarantees you a better player.  I would bet that the success rate for 8th, 10th, 12th is all fairly similar for most positions.

I am not worried about winning screwing our draft picks up, as it might indicate we've seen some growth from some of our young players.

#7 pick has value of 1500

#12 pick has value of 1200

We basically lose the equivalent of a late 2nd round pick by winning this game.   For a team with so many holes, that's a lot to give up for a morale victory.

5 minutes ago, CatTower said:

#7 pick has value of 1500

#12 pick has value of 1200

We basically lose the equivalent of a late 2nd round pick by winning this game.   For a team with so many holes, that's a lot to give up for a morale victory.

If we have that many holes, I'd rather hope for growth from our younger players, which we might see with a victory.  Honestly, I just find it silly to claim a victory denies us a chance for a franchise changing player. Neither is likely to make or break the franchise in the short term, to be honest. I don't really care a ton about the relative trade value of a pick in that scenario; I didn't argue that the 8th pick is less valuable than the 10th+ (and moving us up to 7th is no guarantee), just that winning doesn't deny us a shot at a good pick.

We could win and barely change position; we could lose and barely change position. I just want to see our guys play well.

9 hours ago, Harbingers said:

You have to do it at least two to make it a tradition. 

2009-2011

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Must also go with your tradition of being a losing franchise, say the 26th in all-time winning percentage and 20th in postseason winning percentage? 

You know the one thing that you share with some of your bottom six mates? Three of them(Tampa and NY Jets are the others) are the only three franchises in NFL history to win a Super Bowl and never return!

Happy Holidays! 

happy montrezl harrell GIF by LA Clippers

I’ll take our going once and winning over going twice or more and losing every time. I know you would too, it’s okay. You’re amongst friends.

giphy.gif

Archived