• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's clear now that Tepper saw Rivera as the Problem.

Snake

7 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

He just has to be the contrarian to everything. 

No, I just see things without the blinders on.  Our failures have been the same with every coach we have had, that’s on ownership and management, but I realize there has to be a scapegoat......this time it was Ron.  It’s starts at the head.  

2 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

If tepper can't see that Hurney is a part of the problem too, then tepper is also part of the problem

Why are some of you guys so depressed and convinced Hurney is the personification of our issues ? 
No offense but it’s weird. 
I can’t claim Hurndog is the best on the planet but two Billionares have decided he was pretty good at what he does. 
Do you know something they don’t ? 

4 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

Why are some of you guys so depressed and convinced Hurney is the personification of our issues ? 
I can’t claim Hurndog is the best on the planet but two Billionares have decided he was pretty good at what he does. 

How many good, smart head coaches said "yes, I can handle Terrell Owens" (or Antonio Brown for that matter)?

But as to "two billionaires", do you really wanna credit Jerry Richardson with making a wise, well though out decision on that choice?

5 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

I mean.. I can see with my own two eyes

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

You really wanna credit Jerry Richardson with making a wise, well though out decision on that choice?

Yep.

He was fired in 2012. He was brought back in a pinch in 2017. It was designed to be an interim role. I think they can do better. 

Just now, ellis said:

Yep.

He was fired in 2012. He was brought back in a pinch in 2017. It was designed to be an interim role. I think they can do better. 

Pretty much.

Everyone acknowledges Bill Belichick as a football genius. He also happens to be a guy who said "Sure, let's sign Antonio Brown. I can make certain he's not a problem."

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Probably the worst decision on the GM front JR made, letting Hurney re-hire himself.

Darin Gantt called him "GM for life". Heck, even his "firing" was his own doing.

A lot of people believed Richardson would just let Marty hang around on that "interim" tag forever. Not a big stretch, given that Hurney had worked for years with no contract.

But then the Fritz Pollard Alliance complained that he was essentially circumventing the Rooney Rule, so we did three sham interviews which included some genuinely really good candidates before officially doing what everybody knew he was going to do anyway.

That was such an unholy mess.

1 minute ago, ellis said:

It wasn’t my preferred move. Again, we’ll see how this plays out. I’m trying to keep an open mind.

I think it was an emotional move and not a logical one.  JR was known for having a soft spot for people he genuinely cares about.  To me it was about their friendship more than anything.

Where in this process did Tepper make it clear he has full confidence in Hurney? When he walked back his comment on his college talent evaluation immediately after saying it? When he openly proclaimed he would look for someone else to take over some of Hurney's duties? People are conflating the fact that Tepper made one compliment about Hurney and didn't fire him immediately as signs he thinks Hurney is the messiah. God forbid he doesn't get rid of him right away and leave us barren in the front office, as opposed to bringing in someone to first offload a bunch of his responsibilities and then naturally take over the full GM position at the first opportunity. But no, I'm sure you guys know all the inner workings of Tepper's mind. 

Archived