• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like Rhule may target Joe Brady for OC

jb2288

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

He had a tweet earlier about a but wait, theres more when hinting about the staff we are putting together. Now he is specifically talking about the LSU offense and adding his but wait, theres more to it. Seems like a linking of the two.

Plus, he had a follow up tweet that confirmed it. He said it's not done till it's done, but things are obviously heading that direction.

The LSU play-calling was pissing me off early on.  For some strange reason they still thought they could have time to take deep shots versus Clemson's defense.  Their defense is over-aggressive, so you beat them with slants, hot reads and screens.  Yes, that means you have to methodically march the ball down the field.  Once they realized the O-line couldn't hold up for the deep-ball game and shortened the routes and even used the back out of the backfield, things started clicking.  When Clemson had to honor the short passes, it opened up the deep game.

In a nutshell, I'm not sure if it was arrogance or ignorance in the play-calling to open the game.  What I did like were the adjustments. 

Archived