• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How would you rebuild?

AU-panther

Lets assume Cam is gone and we are rebuilding, what type of rebuild are you hoping for?

Go after an experienced QB, such as Bridgewater, sign some FAs and try to compete while you look to develop a young QB that you possible draft his year?

OR

Go full rebuild, roll with the 2 QBs you have, don't sign any expensive FAs, clear off the books of high dollar contracts, cut any underperforming players.

Personally I'm going full rebuild.  I'm even looking to trade down some in the next two drafts to accumulate more picks.  I'm looking to fill out the roster as much as I can with cheap, fixed 4 year contracts.  Also I would release any player that I didn't' feel like their production would be worth their cost 2-3 years from now.  Unless Tua falls, which I don't see happening, I don't draft a QB this year or sign a stop gap QB.  Sign the stop gap QB next year when you draft your future QB.  That way the next guy you draft can start in his second year.  Maybe Allen or Grier develop and you don't have to look for a QB, or they play decent enough to be able to flip for future assets.  Even if it is a comp pick down the road.

2020 - Allen and Grier

2021 - Draft pick and stop gap

2022 - Draft pick

I would also consider releasing any player who has an expensive contract in the next tow years, that isn't young enough to still be good in year 2022 and beyond.

Paradis, Short, Poe, Turner, all fit that bill.

Use that cap saving to extend your younger core guys.

I'm with you on full rebuild.

If it were possible to get our hands on Burrow without mortgaging our future, I'd be for that, but short of it, I don't think any of the other QB prospects in this year's draft are worth making a priority. Rebuild the offensive line this year and do what you can secondarily to address the d line or fill in holes as opportunity presents, drafting BPA, signing reasonable FA's etc. I would much rather be flat awful next year with Allen and Grier, than win six games with Bridgewater and accomplish little but removing ourselves from the chance to get Lawrence. That doesn't seem like the sounder long term approach to me.

In the draft:

-My big move: Trade Cam Newton once cleared for ball.  Make a media flare about him returning to form in March per schedule and ship him to Las Vegas and try to get their Khalil Mack pick.  Cam+4th for #24+6th

-Go Best Player of Max Value Available. Basically, identify which prospect will have the highest reward and draft the best available.  If this means trade to #3, do it.  Tua acquired. 

-The easy answer is to say dedicate rounds 1, 2 and FAs on the lines but if you identify the franchise changers, you take them no matter the position.  We have CMC but now is time to find the next generation of flagship talent.  I can see us getting a young center, o-tackle, DE and wideout.

-And if we suck, we'll be in shape for Fields or Lawrence.

-We get a QB with a legit ceiling, something back for Cam to offset the trade up, and get the rest of everything to do a true rebuild lines out with identifying the top valuable talent to fit Rhule & Brady's regime.

Why would you sign another vet guy like Teddy if you’re moving on from cam? That’s counterproductive.

i wouldn’t go full rebuild, pointless, if you drop cam either go after burrow or add a vet that we feel we can still compete with while addressing team needs in the process.

would be absolutely browns like to field a garbage team, draft a qb who bust and repeat the process for years 

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Why would you sign another vet guy like Teddy if you’re moving on from cam? That’s counterproductive.

i wouldn’t go full rebuild, pointless, if you drop cam either go after burrow or add a vet that we feel we can still compete with while addressing team needs in the process.

would be absolutely browns like to field a garbage team, draft a qb who bust and repeat the process for years 

There's really two bust-able QBs.  One has everything going for him minus an injury and the other with seemingly the ability but a lack of proof in the pudding and leadership.  I'm willing to take a risk on the upside of Tua.  Not Herbert.  It's a side I don't imagine many sharing but Tua is phenomenal.  If he checks out, go get him IMO.  I want either him or Fields next year.  Not seeing much else but am hoping to be surprised.  

There's some potential generational talent in the top-7 this year in Derrick Brown, Jeudy, Wills & Cedee but man, take the risk on the one with the proof and insane ceiling.  

You don't need to repeat if it works out.

11 minutes ago, saX man said:

There's really two bust-able QBs.  One has everything going for him minus an injury and the other with seemingly the ability but a lack of proof in the pudding and leadership.  I'm willing to take a risk on the upside of Tua.  Not Herbert.  It's a side I don't imagine many sharing but Tua is phenomenal.  If he checks out, go get him IMO.  I want either him or Fields next year.  Not seeing much else but am hoping to be surprised.  

There's some potential generational talent in the top-7 this year in Derrick Brown, Jeudy, Wills & Cedee but man, take the risk on the one with the proof and insane ceiling.  

You don't need to repeat if it works out.

I’m fine with taking tua and having him sit a year, but in that case you mind as well erp can ir a get while tua gets 100%.

not a fan of Herbert either, not a fan of “tanking” for any unknown commodity 

Archived