• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft night Thread to stop this hindsight 20/20 crap...

WOW!!

Whether its Hurney, Gman, Seifert, or Polian .. We constantly get alot of ppl acting like they were for or against a pick when it happened years later.. 

Example: Cam 2011, Clausen 2010, Luke 2012, Jarret 2008, Brown 2009, and even Smitty 2001..

Let's change all that this season and make a thread that can make ppl here go on record with there opinions draft night... So there is none of this shitting on a pick years later or acting like you always knew the player would be good when you bitched all draft night about the pick.. 

I'm tried of seeing posters here I know loved a picked act like they were against it later on and vice-versa.. So let's settle this crap this year and for now on with " GO on Record threads" draft night so receipts can be dealt to these ppl later. ..

When they draft a player at a position of "need" most people will get excited and be happy for the pick. None of us have the information the GM and coaches do. We aren't up front and personal with the prospects. We dont get to meet them, their families, we dont get paid MILLIONS to make the right decision. So regardless of what fans say or READ online obviously their opinions will not be as educated as the ones making those decisions which is why they are held accountable when they draft bust after bust. Or get flamed for constantly trading up in drafts for development players WHO NEVER SEEM TO DEVELOP.

There has to be some level of accountability. Usually the GM is the guy making those decisions so when they dont work out yes they are held accountable and can lose their jobs thats why they better do everything in their power to know what kind of guy they are drafting into their specific system. 

At my place of employment I'm expected to do a good job. I'm expected to complete certain tasks every day at my job and if I make the wrong decision I can get in trouble and lose my job. That's life for every working person and it's no different for a GM of an NFL team.

Impossible, the message board would be without responses if there was nothing to complain about.  That's 90% of what happens on most message boards. 

Do this on Draft Day.  On draft day, to a poll on each pick and whether they are for or against.  There will be a hundred threads anyway, but at least they will be on board with one thread per pick

5 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

When they draft a player at a position of "need" most people will get excited and be happy for the pick. None of us have the information the GM and coaches do. We aren't up front and personal with the prospects. We dont get to meet them, their families, we dont get paid MILLIONS to make the right decision. So regardless of what fans say or READ online obviously their opinions will not be as educated as the ones making those decisions which is why they are held accountable when they draft bust after bust. Or get flamed for constantly trading up in drafts for development players WHO NEVER SEEM TO DEVELOP.

There has to be some level of accountability. Usually the GM is the guy making those decisions so when they dont work out yes they are held accountable and can lose their jobs thats why they better do everything in their power to know what kind of guy they are drafting into their specific system. 

At my place of employment I'm expected to do a good job. I'm expected to complete certain tasks every day at my job and if I make the wrong decision I can get in trouble and lose my job. That's life for every working person and it's no different for a GM of an NFL team.

Then state your opinion.. Stop acting like you're the best undiscovered Football mind ever..

You can poo on the pick but admit what you thought when it was made...

Example.

I can admit Jarret turned out to be a bad pick but I can't say I wouldn't have done anything different.. Because reality Is I like the pick and thought it was a steal when made..

Is not that hard to say..

I can't blame Hurney for Jarret not working out because I wouldn't have done anything different then Hurney did..

Is not that hard to do...

9 minutes ago, stirs said:

Impossible, the message board would be without responses if there was nothing to complain about.  That's 90% of what happens on most message boards. 

Do this on Draft Day.  On draft day, to a poll on each pick and whether they are for or against.  There will be a hundred threads anyway, but at least they will be on board with one thread per pick

I want more than a hidden poll.. I want ppl vote to go on record.. So they can't come back later and act like they were Ozzie Newsome and knew Otah would get hurt and bust out.. 

I'll accept being wrong, I thought cam would bust due to one year of productivity in a non-pro offense and I was way wrong.  I wanted marcell Darius. Thought Clausen would be serviceable, was very wrong. Didnt want luke, not because I thought he was bad, but we had beason.  Lastly I thought Kelvin would be awesome..if he wasnt a fat piece of poo he would have been good though. 

That said, this year i really dont want justin herbert, meaning if hes our pick, he will be an all pro.

Just now, Carolina Cajun said:

I'll accept being wrong, I thought cam would bust due to one year of productivity in a non-pro offense and I was way wrong.  I wanted marcell Darius. Thought Clausen would be serviceable, was very wrong. Didnt want luke, not because I thought he was bad, but we had beason.  Lastly I thought Kelvin would be awesome..if he wasnt a fat piece of poo he would have been good though. 

That said, this year i really dont want justin herbert, meaning if hes our pick, he will be an all pro.

This is not that hard.. But most ppl won't do this.. Or act like the are a undercover GM with all the right answer while criticizing others. 

Hated the Luke pick draft night and bitched on here all night about it...

Loved the Jarret and Clausen picked as well. 

I Thought THE  wasted pick that year was KALIL..

Lol. If you guys want to go look, these draft day threads already exist. Just because people get their panties in a wad when people bring up discussions we’ve had already, doesn’t mean it’s hindsight. Spend some more time in here around the draft. There’s lots of us who follow all the pre-draft events. If you don’t and you then want to criticize someone, like me, who wanted a C/G at 47 and didn’t like Little, you’ve got no ground to stand on. @ncfan’s guy was Risner in the 2nd. I liked McCoy because Bradbury would have cost us Burns and I liked him. I even stated don’t be surprised when he scores a TD and he did. I must be Nostradamus, although I thought it’d be on an interception. Anyway, loved Marty being patient with Burns, I was worried, but he fell apart jumping all over himself to draft the wrong OL. 

13 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Then state your opinion.. Stop acting like you're the best undiscovered Football mind ever..

You can poo on the pick but admit what you thought when it was made...

Example.

I can admit Jarret turned out to be a bad pick but I can't say I wouldn't have done anything different.. Because reality Is I like the pick and thought it was a steal when made..

Is not that hard to say..

I can't blame Hurney for Jarret not working out because I wouldn't have done anything different then Hurney did..

Is not that hard to do...

I was happy as fug when we drafted Clausen. I couldn't fuging believe he fell to us to our first pick of the draft in the 2nd round. 

Can you poo on a GM for making a few bad picks? No I mean it happens no GM is perfect but there is a reason Hurney gets a bad rap around here and part of that is because of how he drafts. He never trades back I dont think hes ever done that actually to acquire more picks. Instead he CONSTANTLY mismanages the pick or where he thinks a prospect will get drafted and he sells out for that certain prospect and it blows up in his face. Every. Single. Time. There HAS to be some accountability for the guy in charge of making those decisions.

I also dont watch college ball. I dont watch tape, maybe a few YT videos here and there but I dont spend my time researching prospects outside of the first round because well, frankly it isnt my job. I'm not paid to do any of that. So when the guys who are paid fug up and trade up to make a pick and that pick flops, then yea I'm going to hold it against them especially when its par for the course for that specific GM. Hes paid to do a specific job and hes been pretty terrible at it outside of the first round.

So if a person can show they thought the pick was bad from the beginning, they get to pound on the move constantly and forever? I know there are quite a few of us that have put our GMs to shame. With lots of proof. 

Sounds good to me. 

I’ve got a mixed track record. Loved Cam, hated Clausen. Loved Luke. Star pick was obvious but hated the KK pick. Loved Benjamin before the draft but also wanted Lee (both sucked...).

Wasn’t a fan of Shaq or Funchess at all before the draft. I thought Butler was BPA and a solid pick. Hated the Bradberry and Worley and Sanchez picks. Got 2 out of 3 of those right...

Honestly hated the idea of McCaffrey pre-draft. Wanted to trade up for Thomas, Adams or Fournette, or take Lattimore at 8, but once we picked him I was 100% behind it and sold in year 1 despite his poor stats that year.

Wasn’t a fan of Moore over Ridley, or Jackson over Oliver, but those look to be the better picks so was wrong on that one. I liked Burns didn't like trading up for Little, yet to be seen on those ones...

Haven't looked enough into this draft yet to say who I like and don’t like. I like the idea of Tua in general but the injury is a big concern. I actually like him more than Burrow even with the injury. Not a fan of Herbert at all, think he’ll be another pretender like Cutler.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. If you guys want to go look, these draft day threads already exist. Just because people get their panties in a wad when people bring up discussions we’ve had already, doesn’t mean it’s hindsight. Spend some more time in here around the draft. There’s lots of us who follow all the pre-draft events. If you don’t and you then want to criticize someone, like me, who wanted a C/G at 47 and didn’t like Little, you’ve got no ground to stand on. @ncfan’s guy was Risner in the 2nd. I liked McCoy because Bradbury would have cost us Burns and I liked him. I even stated don’t be surprised when he scores a TD and he did. I must be Nostradamus, although I thought it’d be on an interception. Anyway, loved Marty being patient with Burns, I was worried, but he fell apart jumping all over himself to draft the wrong OL. 

I figured you would beat me to this...lol. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I was happy as fug when we drafted Clausen. I couldn't fuging believe he fell to us to our first pick of the draft in the 2nd round. 

Can you poo on a GM for making a few bad picks? No I mean it happens no GM is perfect but there is a reason Hurney gets a bad rap around here and part of that is because of how he drafts. He never trades back I dont think hes ever done that actually to acquire more picks. Instead he CONSTANTLY mismanages the pick or where he thinks a prospect will get drafted and he sells out for that certain prospect and it blows up in his face. Every. Single. Time. There HAS to be some accountability for the guy in charge of making those decisions.

I also dont watch college ball. I dont watch tape, maybe a few YT videos here and there but I dont spend my time researching prospects outside of the first round because well, frankly it isnt my job. I'm not paid to do any of that. So when the guys who are paid fug up and ttade up to make a pick and that pick flops, then yea I'm going to hold it against them especially when its par for the course for that specific GM. Hes paid to do a specific job and hes been pretty terrible at it outside of the first round.

He traded back for Beason and got Kalil, and Jarret.  

Again I have no problem with shitting on a pick later on but please state your opinions as well from that night.   I have seen alot of ppl here Love a pick draft night and 3 years later act like they were against  it. 

Archived