• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft night Thread to stop this hindsight 20/20 crap...

WOW!!

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. If you guys want to go look, these draft day threads already exist. Just because people get their panties in a wad when people bring up discussions we’ve had already, doesn’t mean it’s hindsight. Spend some more time in here around the draft. There’s lots of us who follow all the pre-draft events. If you don’t and you then want to criticize someone, like me, who wanted a C/G at 47 and didn’t like Little, you’ve got no ground to stand on. @ncfan’s guy was Risner in the 2nd. I liked McCoy because Bradbury would have cost us Burns and I liked him. I even stated don’t be surprised when he scores a TD and he did. I must be Nostradamus, although I thought it’d be on an interception. Anyway, loved Marty being patient with Burns, I was worried, but he fell apart jumping all over himself to draft the wrong OL. 

I'm not debating this.. I saw a few ppl dislike the Little pick.. And I myself wanted McCoy...

But let's be real.. How many of you Hated Signing Pardis at the time??

And now are shitting on it..

See what I mean..

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

I’ve got a mixed track record. Loved Cam, hated Clausen. Loved Luke. Star pick was obvious but hated the KK pick. Loved Benjamin before the draft but also wanted Lee (both sucked...).

Wasn’t a fan of Shaq or Funchess at all before the draft. I thought Butler was BPA and a solid pick. Hated the Bradberry and Worley and Sanchez picks. Got 2 out of 3 of those right...

Honestly hated the idea of McCaffrey pre-draft. Wanted to trade up for Thomas, Adams or Fournette, or take Lattimore at 8, but once we picked him I was 100% behind it and sold in year 1 despite his poor stats that year.

Wasn’t a fan of Moore over Ridley, or Jackson over Oliver, but those look to be the better picks so was wrong on that one. I liked Burns didn't like trading up for Little, yet to be seen on those ones...

Haven't looked enough into this draft yet to say who I like and don’t like. I like the idea of Tua in general but the injury is a big concern. I actually like him more than Burrow even with the injury. Not a fan of Herbert at all, think he’ll be another pretender like Cutler.

This isn't that hard... 

Example..

I thought we were lucky to get Everrtte Brown when we did.. We just lost PEp and he lead the nation in sacks his last year...

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I'm not debating this.. I saw a few ppl dislike the Little pick.. And I myself wanted McCoy...

See what I mean..

Didnt Haaaaate it but didnt like it.

If you go back and look.  I pointed out concerns with his injury and pointed out where his former GM voiced concerns.  Only to get poo'd that (Elway doesnt crap etc etc etc)

*note im also one of the few that arent ready to run him out just yet.  I dont think he was ready last year coming off the injury, so this year will be telling.

Just now, WOW!! said:

See what I mean..

I was one. But I also don’t have access to medical records or anything that would have shown he couldn’t train most of off-season. 

You judge by results. Not “mythical” standards set by the huddle or anywhere. If I Hated the signing we are still in the exact same position as a team. And that’s the ONLY move of Hurney I agreed with. Does that mean it didn’t happen? 

7 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I was one. But I also don’t have access to medical records or anything that would have shown he couldn’t train most of off-season. 

You judge by results. Not “mythical” standards set by the huddle or anywhere. If I Hated the signing we are still in the exact same position as a team. And that’s the ONLY move of Hurney I agreed with. Does that mean it didn’t happen? 

No but it means you wouldn't have done anything different.. So you're criticizing from from a empathetic stand point.. You can see the logic in the decision so you can't go all crazy on it.. 

I can't complain fully about somebody's draft history if I liked alot of the picks ... I can't blame one specific person if it doesn't work out because I understand the decision making process on that... 

It's not that hard to do..

It's just having some class about yourself..

Example..

I still punish my son for making the same mistake I made when I was young.. But I don't go all crazy and I explain to him why this happens and why I have to do it and that I did the same thing so it shows.. I'm not perfect so why do I expect him to be??

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No but it means you wouldn't have done anything different.. So you're criticizing from from a empathetic stand point.. You can see the logic in the decision so you can't go all crazy on it.. 

I can't complain fully about somebody's draft history if I liked alot of the picks ... I can't blame one specific person if it doesn't work out because I understand the decision making process on that... 

It's not that hard to do..

Whether or not I saw logic doesn’t Chan he the results. Which is what you judge anyone on? Since that was it, can I continue to complain about everything else I predicted would go bad? Because even leaving Paradis out leaves plenty more to choose from. I can vouch for a couple people in this thread. 

“Seemed like a good idea at the time”should.be tattooed on the Panthers ass outside the stadium. 

Thank god for this thread, we need one for FA signings too, too many times I see people lay out a flawless plan years after the draft or fa on who they would have took instead of who we ended up getting.

i know I was high on clausen and jarret coming out, but I also wanted no part in Kony ealy or Vernon butler. 

Was very high on Keenan Allen despite his slow 40, as well as Micheal Thomas. 

But I also wanted Isaiah Oliver and Nassir Adderly who I don’t know if they’re panning out so far 

I know for a fact there was a lot of us that wanted kittle in the 3rd(even though he went in the 5th) even with injury. 

but that’s in the past I’m all for going forward putting a stamp on who you wanted to draft.

16 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

See what I mean..

I liked the Paradis signing, but that was also based on us getting the guy he was before injury. We aren’t the GM so we aren’t evaluating the injury and obviously we did a bad job on that. Same with Williams. We threw $6M at him and he clearly was far worse than pre-injury.

I think it’s not unquestionable to poo on the signings now, especially after Elway came out and said he wasn’t going to resign Paradis. It’s not questioning the need or the pre-injury player. The reason why we fans can like it and then get pissed is because we assume the guys who make the big bucks do enough due diligence.

I mean after all the money we’ve thrown away on Poe, Smith, Searcy, Williams and Paradis and all the day 2 picks (6 the past two years) we’ve wasted, it seems reasonable to be pissed that Hurney is still here. I’d assume he’s going to make a good pick at 7, because there are 7 or so elite guys and you don’t have to study a lot. I’m worried that all our early picks after that will be mediocre yet again. 

Here is the deal to me--Who gives a poo?  There are several here who are more into posting attacks (even if it requires a time machine that goes back 8 years---sad) than they are actually contributing to the conversations.  They are socially-inept in that regard.  Adopt a few concepts:

You are not an expert.   Neither is anyone else.  Being right earns zero respect points.  It is Ok to discuss, but calling people out to simply starts fights is very dickish.

2.  Share your opinions--don't attack others because they disagree with you.  You might be right---people on here have various degrees of time commitment to the cause.  Let them express an opinion without being ambushed. 

3.  Focus on the team, not the poster.  We are all behind computers in different locations around the globe. We have fake identities.  It really does not take a lot of courage to talk to someone like you are some MMA badass when you are really some hopeless turd sucking down dollar menu burgers as you bask in McDonald's free Wifi.

4.  Remember, most of us are Panther fans.  A critical comment about a player is not "hate"--the only hate is what some direct toward people from criticizing their favorite players.  If you hug nuts, celebrate it, but don't insist we all should or be attacked by you. 

5. If I open a thread and make a post to tell everyone how stupid the thread is, understand that the option of ignoring the thread was available to you and you chose to contribute to the thread you are criticizing for being stupid.

If you can adopt these four rules, you will find the Huddle can be a place where you share ideas, debate concepts (without hate and name calling), and learn from each other. 

Here is the creed:  "I am not a turd because my opinions disagree with your opinions.  I will not attack others who disagree with me.  If I find it necessary to research archives to find a contradiction or misinterpreted, out-of-context statement to prove someone wrong,  I should have my  dosages adjusted during my next visit.  I do not get smarter by belittling others, and my ego should not be attached to getting likes (pie) on a discussion board.  I (am, am not) a troll, probably, but I may need a hobby or a sexual partner to realign my priorities a bit."

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I liked the Paradis signing, but that was also based on us getting the guy he was before injury. We aren’t the GM so we aren’t evaluating the injury and obviously we did a bad job on that. Same with Williams. We threw $6M at him and he clearly was far worse than pre-injury.

I think it’s not unquestionable to poo on the signings now, especially after Elway came out and said he wasn’t going to resign Paradis. It’s not questioning the need or the pre-injury player. The reason why we fans can like it and then get pissed is because we assume the guys who make the big bucks do enough due diligence.

I mean after all the money we’ve thrown away on Poe, Smith, Searcy, Williams and Paradis and all the day 2 picks (6 the past two years) we’ve wasted, it seems reasonable to be pissed that Hurney is still here. I’d assume he’s going to make a good pick at 7, because there are 7 or so elite guys and you don’t have to study a lot. I’m worried that all our early picks after that will be mediocre yet again. 

I'm sorry I disagree..

Maybe it's the person I am .. But I refuse to cheer for a move when it happens.. But a year later question what the GM was thinking (when I knew exactly what he was thinking and thought is was a great move at that price) because I was thinking the same way..

Poe is another one.. 85%of this board thought he would be better than Star for cheaper prices and now 85% acts like Hurney was a idiot for the move.. This math doesn't add up I'm sorry .

Archived