• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those who want to tank for Trevor Lawrence?

Real1zOnly

1 hour ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

I'm not convinced Cam Newton COULDN'T throw more then 10-15 yards in 2018. Ask Minnesota fans how happy they were when he was fired, I recall some on this board warning us about him while we laughed. The largest example for me was the 2018 NO game in Carolina. we were 6-7 and we HAD TO WIN to have ANY chance at getting into the playoffs... Cam is CLEARLY struggling to throw, Norv insists of keeping a QB who is struggling throwing screen passes and 5-10 yard Slants. DESIGN QB RUNS AND RUN OPTION PLAYS WITH CMC!!!! All we literally needed to win that game was 17 points, Kyle Allen likely would've won it if pressed into duty. Norv's failure was his insistence on not letting Cam be himself, the limited runs he had this year (The first drive vs Tampa was a first down, but weather delays caused it to not be reviewed properly). You also cannot convince me Cam himself told Norv Turner and Ron that he did not want the ball on 4th&1 with the game on the line because "he hurt too much" after running for a 1st the beginning of the game.  Both those two are tools, you can't tell me Cam hid the injury from them, but then they knew about it to not want to QB sneak in danger of a 0-2 start. Let's be real, if Cam's foot is hurt, him running a qb sneak isn't making it any worse, it's already broken, all he had to do was fall forward. Even Norv kept going on about making Cam "a more pure passer," he is a dual threat QB and always will be. 

And where are the Vikings after Norv? Pretty much the same exact place.

Our offense was better under Norv Turner. That doesn't make it a great offense, but that doesn't make him the problem either. Give him the defenses Shula had and we win more games.

It is very possible to believe that Norv wasn't perfect, or even great, and also understand that we lost more games because our defense was trash than we lost because our offense faltered.

I mean really, look at the scores against the Panthers faced the past 2 seasons. Blaming the losing record on the hands of the OC is laughable.

No one is tanking for Trevor. Everybody said that the Dolphins were tanking for Tua. How did that turn out? Justin Fields is good but he’s no where the QB of Tua if Tua was 100% completely healthy. I will not be surprised if Panthers send the farm for Burrow, Tua or even Herbert. 

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Lol. Lawrence was one of the highest ranked HS QBs to come out in a while. He and Fields were huge recruits. One bad game 3 months after he turned 20 against a great LSU team and we get poo ass hot takes like this. Howell is a solid prospect as well, but he wasn’t anywhere near the recruit that Lawrence and Fields were. Your just a blind homer. 

Howell was a very highly touted recruit and could have went almost anywhere. He will be a dark horse Heisman candidate next season. Lawrence is the QB of a Clempson super team that buys players. 

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You want to hang onto terrible for fear of being worse? Pure loser mentality.

Do you really think guys like Bradberry and McCoy were “terrible?” They were some of the bright spots on D and are unlikely to be brought back.

5 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

Not going to happen. You don't build a winning culture by tanking. Even if we lose a lot of games we are not tanking. Tanking is done on purpose. It's not who Rhule is.

I think Rhule sees the big picture long term. No he won’t try to actively lose games and “tank” this year, but I could see him getting behind moves made by the FO that help us in the future but hurt us this year, which is effectively “tanking” this year as well for the future. 

5 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

Ah, I'm not going anywhere. Been a fan through Collins, Seifert, 2010. I just won't be a Tepper fan any more.

If tanking this year (1-2 wins) brings us Trevor Lawrence and at least 1 SB win win him, you wouldn’t be a Tepper fan?

19 minutes ago, t96 said:

Do you really think guys like Bradberry and McCoy were “terrible?” They were some of the bright spots on D and are unlikely to be brought back.

McCoy is too old. I think Bradberry is a good CB, but I don't think you can afford to pay him as an elite CB. If that's what he wants and some team is willing to pay him that, then you have to let him walk IMO.

3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Howell was a very highly touted recruit and could have went almost anywhere. He will be a dark horse Heisman candidate next season. Lawrence is the QB of a Clempson super team that buys players. 

I know Howell. My sons go to a neighboring school that played Sun Valley. He was #120, 4 star, 84 rating in the ESPN 300. He was a solid recruit. Lawrence was #2 (Fields was #1), 5 star and 94 rating.

As much as you are blinded by your homerism, Howell while a very good prospect wasn’t close to Lawrence coming out.

Did you cry in your pillow when Clemson won last year?

Archived