• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Marquee Free Agents Will Want to Sign Here If They Get Rid of Cam

beastson

20 minutes ago, mjligon said:

It’s been 1.5 years...before then he barely missed a game.

What makes you think his foot magically won’t heal?

Think about your statement--"before that, he barely missed a game."  And yet the fact that he has had 3 surgeries during that period of time is not a red flag for you? Injuries add up.  Hits eventually=injuries. Wear and tear--surgery never returns you to 100%.

17 minutes ago, Catsmiaow said:

I will be happy when Cam leaves so that actual Panther fans don't have to suffer his Instagram supporters anymore.

Signed up October 19th. Interesting timing.

Let me guess. You were all aboard the Kyle Allen hype bandwagon before it came crashing back down?

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

The two issues connect in terms of the overall conversation we are having regarding the direction of our franchise. Which is why I mentioned both here. In one breath you trot out the names of multiple players whose original teams moved on from them as reason why we should move on from Newton. But in another breath when someone mentions possibly shopping other players at luxury positions to acquire our next franchise quarterback if need be you get mad and throw out baffling trade comparisons that make no sense. You are not being consistent. Either you want to improve the TEAM or you don't. If you do, we need a QB, and that may require some tough decisions.

This is hilarious. Also hilariously bad.

11 hours ago, beastson said:

They'll have to win a Superbowl first. They'll have to build from the ground up. The 49ers tanked what 4 straight years and still didn't win the SB, so good luck with that

Seriously you think players around the league is going to like that move? You can't let Cam play the last year of his deal? But its a huge problem when players don't want to honor their deal, hold-out for more money, let the teams know to trade them, retire instead... it's a real problem then

Tepper, after the 3rd season of that deal you just made, you're going to lose a lot of support if they don't make it to the playoffs and at-least put up a good fight

Let that man finish his contract.

Honestly, I'm tired of marquee free agents. Really.

When do they ever pan out? The success rate across the league is like maybe 30%? Locally, we've ended up paying big bucks to guys who basically cash the paychecks and play at 85% speed for the first few games and then they either clock it down to half effort or get "injured."

How about we just take the money, spend it on some talent already in house and just roll with it? 

I'm tired of getting excited over guys like Gerald McCoy and Bruce Irvin coming here riding the Huddle Hype Chain and then producing a snooze-worthy season. Want to keep Bradberry? Ditch Poe, McCoy and Irvin, along with that RB we picked up late in the season who was so unknown that I can't remember his name off the top of my head.

Quit buying other people's problems and underperformers. 

And Cam. If he could live up to his promises and hype, it'd be great. That's not a "what have you done for me lately" kind of thing, because let's face it, the answer there would be "not too much" but a "Hey, you were great, can you find that in yourself again?" kind of thing.

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

How about we just take the money, spend it on some talent already in house and just roll with it? 

Didn't Jerry Richardson already try that ten years ago?

So after the last decade of complaining about cap hell and bad contracts, let's just do that all over again? :thinking:

Do you even know psychology? A tiny bit?

Do you understand pride?

Some players want to be apart of turning around a team/franchise.  

Our team is not a dumpster fire, despite many fans perspective on it being just that. 

Tepper and Rhule are in the process of building something special. There will definitely be players that want to be apart of that. 

There will be players that still want to come to a first class organization that takes care of it's players. 

This team existed before Cam, and it surely will be just fine without him. 

Just now, TheRed said:

Didn't Jerry Richardson already try that ten years ago?

So after the last decade of complaining about cap hell and bad contracts, let's just do that all over again? :thinking:

Yeah, there were problems in the past, without a doubt.

But it doesn't help to throw money at what is basically a used car lot trading ground when it comes to free agency. Everyone wants to buy that Beamer with low miles, or that flashy Maserati with new paint, never thinking of how many lemons they are buying along the way.

Good teams develop in house -- great teams develop in house and are very, very selective in the free agent market to the point of being nearly unmoving. 

Chasing star free agents just doesn't pan out. Not here or in almost any other team in the league.

Archived