• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Are Trading OL Trai Turner To LAC For LT Russell Okung

bobsfoodbasics

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I hear you but cleaning house and not getting any draft assets is a odd.  Someone would have given a 4rth for Turner. 

One of our coaches (the o-line coach?) has been chirping for bringing in Okung. Rhule listened. I want draft picks for our trades as well.

Just now, pantherj said:

One of our coaches (the o-line coach?) has been chirping for bringing in Okung. Rhule listened. I want draft picks for our trades as well.

I get that but if we cut him in june that goes out the window.  I think the oline coach excuse is just something they say to sugarcoat it the day of.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I get that but if we cut him in june that goes out the window.  I think the oline coach excuse is just something they say to sugarcoat it the day of.

If I were the o-line coach I'd be pissed if they tried to say I wanted a guy I didn't really want.

The potential thing here is if Trai is more out of shape and not really "in it" anymore than is seen and really doesn't have as much value as projected.  I dunno but we're opening up a ton of cap for 2021. 

This leaves Short, Paradis and Gano as the remaining albatrosses we may move away from in demolishing the old regime. 

Minus Cam we're down to the bare bones at this point.

10 minutes ago, bull123 said:

if we trade turner, why are we on the hook for anything in regards to him?

Because any guaranteed money not accounted for accelerates to the cap immediately. Same thing happens regardless if you cut or trade a player. Only way you don’t take the hit all at once is when you spread it over 2 years by using the post June 1st destination. With this being the final year of the CBA, there’s no post June 1st destination allowed and all dead money has to be accounted for this year.

Archived