• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stock Market seems volatile

Happy Panther

On 6/11/2020 at 4:24 PM, bull123 said:

not solely about rates, more about what powell said about the negative growth due to covid...he is not a damn doctor

as a Trump supporter I will agree that he has made some really lousy hires...and this buffoon was the absolute worst...everything he has done has tanked the markets...every damn time

But I bet you listen to Idiot Larry Kudlow don't you ?

On 6/12/2020 at 12:45 PM, Dex said:

Funny thing. I bought ENSV after market and when the market opened in the morning the order didn't process so I bought $XOG at $0.71 a share. Sold at $1.97 a share before market close that day. Now I've got a bunch in IZEA they're making an announcement at 3pm EST today regarding contracts with two fortune 500 companies. Wish me luck.

I also sold my OXY shares at $24.33 on Monday. The market just took some major hits this week.

I used to work for oxy and own a number of shares and have for about 35years.  They need oil at about $35 a bb l in order to break even.  They bit off more than they could chew when they bought out Anadarko.  I'm just hoping sometime in the next several years they somehow get to $50n again.  I think the dividend will be going away so on.

12 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Going to pull 75% of my investments and see how the market is in July.  Just to much speculation right now.  

I think it's a good time to get into gold (GLD)

I made a good chunk of money in the last month and I took some of my investments out to build a new patio on my house. My property is the best investment I have.

I suck at the stock market so I quit. 

Invested in shopify at 140.00

The trade desk at 120

Okta at forty bucks.

Sold all between 20-40% gain.

They are now at 900,400,200 dollars a share.

Stuff I should hold I sell and vice versa.  I could be a millionaire if I knew what I was doing. Instead I messed around in the stock market for 5 years and broke even.  

On 6/12/2020 at 12:45 PM, Dex said:

Funny thing. I bought ENSV after market and when the market opened in the morning the order didn't process so I bought $XOG at $0.71 a share. Sold at $1.97 a share before market close that day. Now I've got a bunch in IZEA they're making an announcement at 3pm EST today regarding contracts with two fortune 500 companies. Wish me luck.

I also sold my OXY shares at $24.33 on Monday. The market just took some major hits this week.

How'd IZEA work out for you?  I help some last year and they NEVER name their clients.  They'll PR the sh*t out of new business, but you never get a name.  I understand why they don't, but it's still frustrating.

33 minutes ago, blackcat said:

How'd IZEA work out for you?  I help some last year and they NEVER name their clients.  They'll PR the sh*t out of new business, but you never get a name.  I understand why they don't, but it's still frustrating.

Got in at $1.91 a share. It peaked at $3 and tanked when the "news" dropped. I got out but not at much of a profit. Panic sold on the way down. I've learned my lesson, buy the hype and NOT the news.

8 minutes ago, Dex said:

Got in at $1.91 a share. It peaked at $3 and tanked when the "news" dropped. I got out but not at much of a profit. Panic sold on the way down. I've learned my lesson, buy the hype and NOT the news.

Good lesson to learn.  Check out Stocktwits if you haven't already.  It's good entertainment.

• Beer 1

One of the first stocks I bought was a drug company that supposedly was reducing tumor sizes in pancreatic cancer patients. They were supposedly going to be sold to a big boy because their stuff worked. I bought an ass ton of shares around .60 cent a share.  A week later they are around 4 bucks and I am a damn genius.  Tell my friend, hey I just made 15 grand in a week. He told me to sell, nah man this is easy. That was a Friday afternoon.  Monday premarket they announced they were selling.  Oh my gosh I'm so smart this is awesome...    they sold their shell of a company after they sold off their research for 10 million bucks. They sold to an iud company that had been in production for 12 years with no product to be found and simply bought their ticket symbol. Stock tanked from 4 dollars to 50 cent before the market even opened. I went from making 15 grand to losing like 500 bucks before I could even sell. Good times. That company has since reverse split like 10 times since then. fug em.