• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Sounds eerily similar to Asheville, NC.  I moved here 20 years ago and it was much different then.  It's gotten too crowded for me.

I grew up in Morganton. Yeah, Asheville is a different world now than it used to be. Still nothing compared to the Front Range transformation over the past decade.

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've loved Colorado, but the Front Range is just way too damn crowded now. All of the things I moved out here for 13 years ago are just a lot less enjoyable now due to the crowds. I-70 to and from the mountains is a total disaster. When we first moved out here, Charlotte traffic was way worse than Denver traffic. That comparison reversed probably 7-8 years ago. The streams are packed shoulder to shoulder with fishermen. The mountain biking and hiking trails are packed. The Jeep trails are almost as packed as I-70.  The breweries are packed. I haven't completely ruled out a return to CO, but if it happens it'll be to the western slope. If it's a reasonable day trip from the Front Range, I don't want any part of it.

I honestly didn't even think that what you described was "a thing."  When I picture those types of areas, obviously I picture being relatively alone.  But I guess I should have figured it.  I'm in the VA Beach area, and as soon as they open up anything its all shoulder to shoulder, including the fishing piers.

22 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Sounds eerily similar to Asheville, NC.  I moved here 20 years ago and it was much different then.  It's gotten too crowded for me.

I loved my Asheville experience!  However, I can appreciate if you were there when it was a different place and that's what you signed up for.

Another good use for your $1200 is to hit up your local farmer. See if they have a cow they will sell to butcher for meat. Freezer full of meat goes along way to ease the mind. 

Plus it helps both of you out.  Currently coe market is terrible as the meat processors are turning slow.  

Edited by Squirrel
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Wes21 said:

I honestly didn't even think that what you described was "a thing."  When I picture those types of areas, obviously I picture being relatively alone.  But I guess I should have figured it.  I'm in the VA Beach area, and as soon as they open up anything its all shoulder to shoulder, including the fishing piers.

I loved my Asheville experience!  However, I can appreciate if you were there when it was a different place and that's what you signed up for.

I lived in Greensboro through the mid 80's to early 90's and the same thing happened there over time.  I knew every inch of Greensboro and where to go and where to keep your ass out of.   I don't recognize the town now.  Asheville is trending that way now.  I'm just getting old man.

42 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I lived in Greensboro through the mid 80's to early 90's and the same thing happened there over time.  I knew every inch of Greensboro and where to go and where to keep your ass out of.   I don't recognize the town now.  Asheville is trending that way now.  I'm just getting old man.

I was just north of you in the 80s and 90s.  In my little town, we used to look at Greensboro like kids in the various areas of New York looked at Manhattan. LOL. When the new Jordan's (for instance) would come out, we would have a very limited supply or they would arrive late.  So if we wanted Jordan's as soon as they came out, it required driving down to Greensboro.

One summer I commuted down and worked at Don Pablo's.  I think it was on High Point Road.  The location used to be called Caso Gallardo or something like that.  As a kid my parents would take me there and I would get the mud pie.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

You don't get forced out til 6 months after you stop paying the mortgage. 

Which brings up an interesting side note. You can not pay rent for 3 months before eviction proceedings start, and then it can take a couple of weeks to months after that. NY just hasn't found all the bodies yet.