• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

I guarantee NY and NJ are fudging numbers, too.

maybe but that doesn't change the point he was making

The point is showing a misleading chart, I guess.   So 47 states = 20k cases while 3 states are at 8k,  There's no right answer on how to beat this virus it's either by herd immunity or a vaccine and there ain't no telling when a vaccine will be created if at all.   Gotta keep practicing the safe habits and protect the most vulnerable but these states can't stay on lock down forever.

Edited by huggybear1688
typo

12 hours ago, Xtreme said:

Goodness, politics controls so many of your guys' lives, it's crazy. The sun will rise tomorrow.

On a side note, a Twitch streamer I follow made a funny & interesting theory. The people who are DEMANDING that I wear a mask aren't doing it because they care about safety, but because they want to feel superior to others by telling them what to do. Many of which are middle-aged white women aka Karen's. They haven't been able to speak to any managers within the last few months, so they're out telling others to wear their mask or snitching on people & businesses. Pretty funny stuff.

But on another side note, people who wear masks aren't doing much if they're don't keep their hands clean. Walking around Walmart wearing a mask then touching your buggy, opening freezer aisle doors, grabbing things off shelves, touching the keypads at checkout, then going on to touch your phone, your car door, steering wheel, blinker, radio, etc. Then going home to touch your cabinet doors, fridge door, remote, etc. A mask becomes pointless. Then you have the people who wear gloves but then keep those gloves on after leaving the store rather than discarding them as soon as they walk out. Probably the same type of person who drives around wearing a mask despite being in the car alone. I don't wear a mask anymore, but I clean my buggy before using, I grab the lower part of the door in the freezer aisle being that it's less likely to have been touched, never taking food from the front, but in the back, not touching my face nor phone, keeping my debit card in my front pocket, use my knuckles for my pin #, and as soon as I walk out I clean my hands, put my groceries in the car, clean my hands again, go home, put my groceries up, clean the countertop, wash my hands again, and then disinfect my debit card. Been doing that for two months and have had no issues. Keeping your hands clean is much, much more important than wearing a mask. I'm doing my part. 

It spreads from unknowing carriers via respiratory droplets. Hence the mask. It’s not hard to understand.

Edited by imminent rogaine

9 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Since some seem to miss this point completely, the mask isn't there solely to prevent you from catching the virus. It's also there to prevent you from spreading it to other people if you have it.

It's not enough to "cover your mouth when you need to" when you cough or whatever. You spread droplets from your mouth just from talking and breathing.

Wear a mask people, again, it's not that hard.

Still unclear on the value of masks? Let the pee meme explain - SFGate

8 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

The Founding Fathers injected people will Smallpox during the Revolutionary War, to build immunity. Interesting read. 

well they didn't inject them

someone just had the bright idea of taking the scabs from people dying and just like shoving it into the blood of healthy people. so they literally just took a dying person around in a mule cart, cut off a piece of them, and shoved it into a wound they had just made. 

it was not the most efficient way to go about doing this but it might have worked.

if you watch the Knick (and you should, it was an amazing show and only two seasons) they do a scene where he innoculates a village from smallpox by grinding up old scabbed wounds and blowing it up people's noses. it's pretty cool

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Interesting data out of Hong Kong.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/18/21262273/coronavirus-hong-kong-masks-deaths-new-york

Universal masking at 80 [percent] adoption flattens the curve significantly more than maintaining a strict lockdown," researchers wrote in the study, which has not yet been peer-reviewed, as of last week.

I get that. However, don't people in China already wear mask? And they were they not wearing them before the pandemic? It still spread in China. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

well they didn't inject them

someone just had the bright idea of taking the scabs from people dying and just like shoving it into the blood of healthy people. so they literally just took a dying person around in a mule cart, cut off a piece of them, and shoved it a wound they had just made. 

it was not the most efficient way to go about doing this but it might have worked.

if you watch the Knick (and you should, it was an amazing show and only two seasons) they do a scene where he innoculates a village from smallpox by grinding up old scabbed wounds and blowing it up people's noses. it's pretty cool

your right, I should have said inoculate. 

17 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

I get that. However, don't people in China already wear mask? And they were they not wearing them before the pandemic? It still spread in China. 

Is it universal in China? I don’t know. I do know Hong Kong is one of the densest cities on earth and they are doing well. They are doing something right.

23 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Interesting data out of Hong Kong.

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/18/21262273/coronavirus-hong-kong-masks-deaths-new-york

Universal masking at 80 [percent] adoption flattens the curve significantly more than maintaining a strict lockdown," researchers wrote in the study, which has not yet been peer-reviewed, as of last week.

Can we get somebody pretending to be a doctor or some guy yelling in a pickup truck on YouTube to say this please

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Is it universal in China? I don’t know. I do know Hong Kong is one of the densest cities on earth and they are doing well. They are doing something right.

They literally took huge trucks with water and cleaner and soaked down the streets. I would hope that would help.