• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I just wish they would hurry up with a vaccine already.  A vaccine would calm people down.  Prioritize health care workers and the most vulnerable and then work our way down.  There are some being tested now,  hopefully they can get cleared and start getting people their shots before winter.

A vaccine by next spring would still be unbelievably quick. Ebola currently holds the record and that's still 5 years.

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Yeah, but this is Merica's team.  

Seriously though, I doubt one or two players getting it would have an impact, but if it spread to several, who knows.  

Someone somewhere is going to bring it to a training camp and infect an entire team. 

NFL players are too young and healthy to suffer much from this, but it will be disruptive. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

it's not just nfl players; it's the coaches, trainers, owners, support staff, families, etc

sports aren't gonna happen this year

I agree, just no way the NFL finds a way and if by some miracle it does all it will take is one instance to shut it all down. Kind of hard not seeing that instance not happen in training camp.

But what about next year? Do you people really believe in 12 months Coronavirus will be less hazardous than it is now? Or cease to exist? Be less contagious? Have a probable vaccine? Because if not...what’s the difference other than years without sports.

I’m asking these questions in sincerity...I really have no idea.

13 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Folks dont realize that there is a component to unemployment that requires their former employer to respond to a filling.

We occupy a suite that used to be occupied by a different business and we get (and forward) the unemployment notices on a weekly basis.  My wife used to handle unemployment claims for a temp agency. 

Unemployment is not just a form you file with the government and you get a manic check, your former employer has to sign off on it.

I was told that claims were auto approved if the employer doesn’t respond within 2 weeks.

27 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I agree, just no way the NFL finds a way and if by some miracle it does all it will take is one instance to shut it all down. Kind of hard not seeing that instance not happen in training camp.

But what about next year? Do you people really believe in 12 months Coronavirus will be less hazardous than it is now? Or cease to exist? Be less contagious? Have a probable vaccine? Because if not...what’s the difference other than years without sports.

I’m asking these questions in sincerity...I really have no idea.

in a sane society this would drastically change how we approach mass gatherings, much like sars did in various asian countries

but this is america so

5 minutes ago, chknwing said:

This may be the dumbest thing Trump has said to date.  On the increase in covid19 cases.  

"If we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cases, if any,"  - Donald Trump

Sorta reminds you of Yogi Berra.

"nobody eats there, its always too crowded"

All sports leagues should be required to rework their collective bargaining agreements now.  Since we are down, go ahead and strike, get it over with, 2 birds, 1 stone.

Again, joking for those have trouble spotting that sort of thing

• Beer 1