• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Theaters will come back. The studios need that box office money. I don't see these efforts of trying to sell a stream for a new movie for $20 going over well at all.

You'd be surprised. If you think about it, taking a family of 4 to the movies to watch the latest Disney movie is likely costing $8 per ticket, plus whatever food a drink you buy at the theater. Or take the same example, date night with just two is $8-9 per ticket plus concessions, etc.

$20 and you make your own food/have your own snacks seems like a steal.

Edited by X-Clown

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And suddenly I find myself strongly supporting Trump's brazen plan to withhold funding from the WHO.

http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/alcohol-use/news/news/2020/04/alcohol-does-not-protect-against-covid-19-access-should-be-restricted-during-lockdown/_recache?fbclid=IwAR2lkIQcxfDdziOa7esAbXO-caLv66wvhmP4JxoDwXQd5z14X02jAmHZulg

Alcohol does not protect against COVID-19; access should be restricted during lockdown

Denver tried this when they initially announced their stay at home guidelines. Liquor stores and marijuana businesses initially were not going to be deemed essential businesses and would've been forced to close for the duration of the stay at home order. People flocked to them in such droves that decision was changed almost immediately.

Cannot wet your whistle, but certain "wets" are still good.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/who-pushes-back-on-calls-to-ban-wet-markets

Maybe WHO will put out the best way to slaughter cats.......just so we know we are doing it correctly

4 minutes ago, stirs said:

https://www.france24.com/en/20200416-grave-concerns-about-covid-19-immunity-passports

Question:  How many of you, with the economy facing real issues, would rather contract the virus and get back to work?  Would you take the chance?

It sounds like a lot of us will get it anyway. Now, or over the next 18 months.

Anyway, are we sure a person can’t get it more than once?

8 minutes ago, stirs said:

You think Trumps call to get back to work will hurt him?  Not so sure.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/04/16/the-shutdown-backlash-is-coming-soonwith-a-vengeance-189809

As I said, its a fine line

There's a reason why Trump is beating the drum to re-open the economy and there is a growing coalition of Democratic governors trying to formulate their own plans to re-open their economies and that reason is almost certainly 100% politically motivated. Everyone is trying to position themselves to take credit for the re-opening of the economy for political clout.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's a reason why Trump is beating the drum to re-open the economy and there is a growing coalition of Democratic governors trying to formulate their own plans to re-open their economies and that reason is almost certainly 100% politically motivated. Everyone is trying to position themselves to take credit for the re-opening of the economy for political clout.

Like I said, a pecker measuring contest

43 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

You'd be surprised. If you think about it, taking a family of 4 to the movies to watch the latest Disney movie is likely costing $8 per ticket, plus whatever food a drink you buy at the theater. Or take the same example, date night with just two is $8-9 per ticket plus concessions, etc.

$20 and you make your own food/have your own snacks seems like a steal.

Cost me over $120 per family movie night.  I got a bit family thought.