• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A) They have, they're positive, and they don't want to disclose it.

B) Because they're complete morons who want to continue to keep their heads buried in the sand on this.

Pick one.

I didn’t watch his little speech last night but I heard he didn’t look healthy 

Just now, LegioX said:

They are both the President and Vice President of THE US of A. If you think for one second they haven’t been tested or monitored 24/7 you have your head in the sand.

This is Donald Trump you're talking about. If he'd been tested and it came back negative he'd be spiking the football all over the media and twitter about it.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Just now, LegioX said:

They are both the President and Vice President of THE US of A. If you think for one second they haven’t been tested or monitored 24/7 you have your head in the sand.

I don’t think they’ve been tested. Do you have anything to suggest otherwise? 

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t think they’ve been tested. Do you have anything to suggest otherwise? 

It’s common sense man. Why wouldn’t he be? I’m talking in pure non partisan manner. This is the President (regardless of whoever it is) he has a doctor follow him around 24/7.

• Beer 1

Here food for thought.

In 2009 the Swine flu hit the USA. On Nov 12th 2009, CDC reported 22 million Americans were infected with the virus, while 4,000 had died.

where was the panic then? Did NCAA shut down? Then NHL, NBA shut down? Did school close? Did functions of society close down? Hell I don’t remember. So...why is everyone frecking out now? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Here food for thought.

In 2009 the Swine flu hit the USA. On Nov 12th 2009, CDC reported 22 million Americans were infected with the virus, while 4,000 had died.

where was the panic then? Did NCAA shut down? Then NHL, NBA shut down? Did school close? Did functions of society close down? Hell I don’t remember. So...why is everyone frecking out now? 

I can’t remember either but If 22m Americans get corona virus 200,000-600,000 people will die. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

People who continue to parrot this idea clearly don't understand how math works.

I just don't get it--we have access to 1000 times more information (at our fingertips) than we had 40 years ago---but in many ways, people are dumber.  Perhaps we need to teach critical thinking more in school, because facts are based on emotion and personal preferences. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Here food for thought.

Do math. 4000 dead out of 22 million cases = 0.02% mortality rate. That's roughly in line with the common flu. Right now the global average is 3.4% mortality rate. That's 748,000 dead out of 22 million cases. I said earlier that South Korea is probably our best case study for the true mortality rate. It's 0.6%. That's still 132,000 dead out of 22 million cases. Using the South Korea figures, Covid 19 is approximately 30 times more lethal than the disease that caused the swine flu pandemic.

Last flu season resulted in an estimated 35 million cases. Covid 19 is a little over twice as contagious as the seasonal flu. 

-1x-1.png

Not trying to scare you but is it starting to make sense now?

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Do math. 4000 dead out of 22 million cases = 0.02% mortality rate. That's roughly in line with the common flu. Right now the global average is 3.4% mortality rate. That's 748,000 dead out of 22 million cases. I said earlier that South Korea is probably our best case study for the true mortality rate. It's 0.6%. That's still 132,000 dead out of 22 million cases. 

Last flu season resulted in an estimated 35 million cases. Covid 19 is a little over twice as contagious as the seasonal flu. 

-1x-1.png

Not trying to scare you but is it starting to make sense now?

Sorry I’m not scared. Virus only affects elderly or people with chronic respiratory issues. 
the way people are panicking right now you would think body carts would be coming to our neighborhood during trash days.
 I listen to the experts (ie: doctors) and all experts are saying that the media is blowing this way out and have no idea what they are talking about. Basically saying stop reporting on medical issues you have no clue about.

• Pie 1