• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

This may have already been said, but I wonder how many hospitals and examiner offices chalked up deaths in November/December to pneumonia/flu/respiratory issues. Seems like Covid kinda resembles pneumonia and during the winter months, especially with the elderly, this could be overlooked.

Especially when nations were so convinced that it was an "Asia" issue early on, similar to SARS or H1N1. Regardless, the death totals being reported worldwide are probably so far and away from the actual number, it would scare a lot of folks.

Just now, Soul Rebel said:

This may have already been said, but I wonder how many hospitals and examiner offices chalked up deaths in November/December to pneumonia/flu/respiratory issues. Seems like Covid kinda resembles pneumonia and during the winter months, especially with the elderly, this could be overlooked.

Especially when nations were so convinced that it was an "Asia" issue early on, similar to SARS or H1N1. Regardless, the death totals being reported worldwide are probably so far and away from the actual number, it would scare a lot of folks.

i definitely intubated corona patients in january, we just didn't know it then. 

I've submitted a request to be a part of an antibodies testing study. I think there's a good chance I've had it. I traveled a ton for work in Q1 and developed a nasty lingering intermittent chest cold shortly after a trip to the greater Seattle area in mid-January. It was just odd that there were no head/sinus symptoms. Basically just a general drag ass feeling, mild fever, and a hellish dry cough that lingered for fuging ever. Every time I thought I was getting over it another wave of it would hit. That lasted a good 5-6 weeks. The dry cough was a solid two months. My wife dealt with the same thing. Our four year old daughter was never impacted by it in the least but she surely had to have contracted whatever it was that we had.

I think when it is all said and done we are going to find out a lot more people have already had it then they thought, and that the mortality rates are't near as high from a percentage view as they thought.

Here is a study where they tried to do some testing based on demographics and not symptoms, some community testing if you will.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20062463v1?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=be77753b5f9c509cb865d14fbdaf97eeb78e11d5-1587139595-0-AWIUFx6wN0uXOvkl2GvKJJc-Ig8sPLjxRzO454lTi9KpWYjKbxnVGQzEHGD9bYZUKYUUOdrfRQ_wQREzNDVmpdEWVIZYt6UTI9m_LD7byikYQA-loXE677ZRO1gHfKAz7mccB9JD5q3Y8YVehLtYCxNulZzxgq75-rzgoHZ2Heyj5PDAftyTcJ9j-gS_9XvqhP1w_lcrCrvVy9EM4vDfOYSqAiDYODT4O2PXN776dtAuibDok5gMCdzZYcCoRi69cdjoFoqV7X4-dhUOTFhjUA5EzGIOpkN7fsqrkufnBv0pOXqb3nOUoVRFDs5ZdBzO9w_yicdwyhIdvht3lBZyMgA

They found the infection rate to be between 2.49 and 4.16 percent.  If that is correct that probably means 2 weeks earlier a different 3% were positive.  Also there is a lot of talk that this has been going on since late last year or early this year.  All these reports of people having odd respiratory conditions.

Maybe 20% or more of the population has already had it.  If so the mortality rates are grossly over estimated.

What the U.S. officials learned during their visits concerned them so much that they dispatched two diplomatic cables categorized as Sensitive But Unclassified back to Washington. The cables warned about safety and management weaknesses at the WIV lab and proposed more attention and help. The first cable, which I obtained, also warns that the lab’s work on bat coronaviruses and their potential human transmission represented a risk of a new SARS-like pandemic.

Per Washington Post.  Washington DC was warned the new SARS pandemic will likely to happen due to Chinese negligence.

Edited by Ja Rhule

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

i definitely intubated corona patients in january, we just didn't know it then. 

Ya, a certain RN I live with said they had a lot of weird CV stuff (I think? I'm not a medical person!) where people would show up thinking they were having a heart attack or stroke or something and then just magically be OK. Apparently one of the ways CV presents? Her unit was actually shut down for the past few weeks as they cleared things out for the peak but she has been called in the last couple of days so seems like the pace might be picking up. Make sure and go out at 7 and make some noise, yo?

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

I think when it is all said and done we are going to find out a lot more people have already had it then they thought, and that the mortality rates are't near as high from a percentage view as they thought.

Here is a study where they tried to do some testing based on demographics and not symptoms, some community testing if you will.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20062463v1?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=be77753b5f9c509cb865d14fbdaf97eeb78e11d5-1587139595-0-AWIUFx6wN0uXOvkl2GvKJJc-Ig8sPLjxRzO454lTi9KpWYjKbxnVGQzEHGD9bYZUKYUUOdrfRQ_wQREzNDVmpdEWVIZYt6UTI9m_LD7byikYQA-loXE677ZRO1gHfKAz7mccB9JD5q3Y8YVehLtYCxNulZzxgq75-rzgoHZ2Heyj5PDAftyTcJ9j-gS_9XvqhP1w_lcrCrvVy9EM4vDfOYSqAiDYODT4O2PXN776dtAuibDok5gMCdzZYcCoRi69cdjoFoqV7X4-dhUOTFhjUA5EzGIOpkN7fsqrkufnBv0pOXqb3nOUoVRFDs5ZdBzO9w_yicdwyhIdvht3lBZyMgA

They found the infection rate to be between 2.49 and 4.16 percent.  If that is correct that probably means 2 weeks earlier a different 3% were positive.  Also there is a lot of talk that this has been going on since late last year or early this year.  All these reports of people having odd respiratory conditions.

Maybe 20% or more of the population has already had it.  If so the mortality rates are grossly over estimated.

So 85x higher than reported.

Edited by Tbe