• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

10,00 new cases means nothing if they are not killing anybody, or making them sick. So, you have the Virus.. Now what? if them 10,000 turn into 300 deaths.. then maybe it would be something to worry about. If the 10,000 turn into 100 Deaths.. then good things ahead. 

I just want people to stop treating the Virus as the "Floor is Lava". It is not immediate death to have it or be exposed. There is a very high survival rate. You do NOT automatically test positive for being around someone positive. 

Edited by Devil Doc

41 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

10,00 new cases means nothing if they are not killing anybody, or making them sick. So, you have the Virus.. Now what? if them 10,000 turn into 300 deaths.. then maybe it would be something to worry about. If the 10,000 turn into 100 Deaths.. then good things ahead. 

Please explain how 100 preventable deaths is a good thing.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

Please explain how 100 preventable deaths is a good thing.

Preventable? You think this Virus is 100% preventable? 100 deaths is a good thing, that means the Death rate went to 1% instead of 2%. The whole point of the Curve, Social distancing, the mask.. is to slow down the deaths and slow down the patients going to hospitals. It was never meant to erase the Virus or erase the inevitable. It was just delaying the effects, or spreading them out over time. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Preventable? You think this Virus is 100% preventable? 100 deaths is a good thing, that means the Death rate went to 1% instead of 2%. The whole point of the Curve, Social distancing, the mask.. is to slow down the deaths and slow down the patients going to hospitals. It was never meant to erase the Virus or erase the inevitable. It was just delaying the effects, or spreading them out over time. 

These guys live in a fantasy world of their own creation

2 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

That was literally a direct result of having a Republican super majority in the state. I remember that and saw that whole thing go down.

That is really just the tip of the iceberg of what those robbers did to the citizens of the state. I am a moderate but I couldn't be further from the modern Republican party. As corrupt as the Democratic party is, they pale in comparison to the naked disdain the Republican party has for working people and small businesses. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Yes slow it down until hopefully we find a vaccine that works. We have already created dozens of vaccines. Now we have to see if they work and how long they provide protection if any. It isn't inevitable at this time that everyone will get it or that you can't get it more than once. We just don't know yet.

Just now, Wes21 said:

These guys live in a fantasy world of their own creation

I guess. It seems to me people had a different idea of what Quarantine, Social Distancing, flatten the curve and wearing mask meant. That is the whole issue with the hysteria and fray actors and the media. Different interpretations or what Ideas mean. I said at the beginning, if we are going to shut down the country, then it needs to be strict, tight, and NOTHING open for 2 months, ( would reduce it drastically and almost eliminate it)  That means strict LE enforcement, only things open would be medical, food deliveries, papers saying you have permission etc. Instead.. it was lets try this.. oh wait.. lets try this.. oh wait.. lets try this. Now.. people are freaking out over the numbers because they have been delayed or not what they expected. 

1 hour ago, Devil Doc said:

I just want people to stop treating the Virus as the "Floor is Lava". It is not immediate death to have it or be exposed. There is a very high survival rate.

I can't recall one person who thinks that. Haven't seen it on the news, nor any of the forums I hang out on. Will you guys stop using that as an argument for anything?

People want everyone to wear a mask so those who MIGHT die from it DON'T get it. It's about protecting others, not yourself.

"Some young people in Alabama are throwing Covid-19 parties, a disturbing competition where people who have coronavirus attend and the first person to get infected receives a payout, local officials said.

The parties are being held in Tuscaloosa, and infected people are urged to attend so others can intentionally contract the virus, City Council member Sonya McKinstry told CNN. She said she heard about the trend from fire officials."

Words. None I have.

Edited by Brooklyn 3.0

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I can't recall one person who thinks that. Haven't seen it on the news, nor any of the forums I hang out on. Will you guys stop using that as an argument for anything?

People want everyone to wear a mask so those who MIGHT die from it DON'T get it. It's about protecting others, not yourself.

I never said anything about not wearing a mask.