• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Checking out Herbert

ncfan

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Marty can't do this simply based off BPA.  Herbert is the #3 or even #4 QB (some have Love ahead of him) over the #1 or #2-OT, LB, DT and WR.  I know it sounds funny that you can reach at #7, but it actually would be.

Plus, Oregon + QBs = Bust

Yeah another Joey Harrington

2 hours ago, steven8989 said:

True story. Going through the past 40 years of Oregon QBs is a sh*t show. I do like Mariota though and think if we were looking for a young vet QB to come in (which we aren't....thankfully), he and Brady could do big things. 

3 hours ago, steven8989 said:

Maybe!  but if he's there i think they will take him

after all the moves the panthers have made this off season all signs point to a total rebuild

Im not a Herbert fan even tho he has looked good during all the off season stuff i wouldn't draft him

I hope Herniay is just playing poker here, in case Herbert is there at 7. A team calls and gos "Ill just call 8 cause you dont want him anyway". Similar to Washington on Tua, its a way to get more power in trade talks.

Honestly I still have good feelings about ALL 3 panther QBs, now and in the future.  

Here is how I see this:

1. Chargers show interest in Brady--big time name to open a stadium and attract interest, but not as much as TB or NE.  After that, nothing--and they have no QB.

2.  Okung and Turner trade goes down.  If Cam is on the block, what are the odds that it was not discussed?

3. Marty flies to watch Herbert. Why?  Part of the deal with the Chargers, if that is what happens, will be switching #6 and #7.  Chargers get their celebrity, Panthers get their pick.  Herbert is likely to be sitting there.  So Marty wants to see him up close. 

4.  Both teams have been quiet.

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Raiders now have Mariota 

And? That quote was posted to someone conjecturing that we were moving up from our 2nd round pick to get Herbert. Only way that works is with our 2021 first. Just a joke that we'd trade away a pick that ended up being Lawrence to get Herbert.

That said, if that were to happen, you really think the Raiders signing Mariota would prevent them from taking Lawrence or Fields? Not a chance.

Archived