• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: NFL Draft Postponed Won't Be Held in Vegas

Mr Mojo Risin

I'm glad to see the NFL is being responsible and taking the Covid-19 situation seriously as it is.

I do understand the postponement, but hope that they can find a remote way of conducting business. Outside of the revenue lost, I don't see why at least the draft, if not negotiations can't be done virtually over Skype or the like. IDK, maybe a multi-billion dollar business doesn't want to risk any transactions, discussions, negotiations, etc. being lost in communication (i.e: trading up or down in draft).

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Multiple people across the league now are anticipating that the start of the league year will not be moved and it will start on time, per sources. There still are ongoing conversations, and it still could change, but there is a different tone from teams as if it is happening now.
1:39 PM · Mar 15, 2020

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Silver lining...May is downtime normally at my work, so I can enjoy all of the draft instead of recaps, articles and soundbites that I normally have to do.

At least this silver lining is not selfish as hell!!!!

:crying:

Final brilliant question from MHS:

IF we are planning on shopping Cam---does this help that process?

(Nut clingers---let it rest--this is an IF question, and you don't know what they are thinking---do not derail the thread---instead, go light a candle in your closet shrine and meditate).

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

(Nut clingers---let it rest--this is an IF question, and you don't know what they are thinking---do not derail the thread---go light a candle in your closet shrine instead).

Interesting....can't wait to see the Huddle go nuts over this question!!!  Haha!!

1 hour ago, Danish Panther said:

Nothing. He is young and (if otherwise healthy) will easily be over it within 14 days or so, and after that will be resistant to the virus (yes I know, we have been told about some few exceptions to this).

Wait, might have been to quick here...Just reading that Hong Kong doctors have examined at least 10 cured Covid-19 patients and some of them are still experiencing respiration problems. It is estimated these patients have lost 20-30 percent of their lung capacity. Not good if true - time will tell...

24 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

(Nut clingers---let it rest--this is an IF question, and you don't know what they are thinking---do not derail the thread---go light a candle in your closet shrine instead).

He lives rent free in your head.

9 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

There is no need to have the draft show

The draft can be done on the same date without the lights and Cameras

Probably wont be any difference between April, May or June

April is questionable because teams can't meet with players and there probably will not be pro days for a while.

2 hours ago, BerryLoMein said:

I have been thinking, what if a prospect got the virus? What do you think it would do to their draft stock if anything?

I don't see why getting the virus would hurt a players draft stock because they would almost be assured of getting well. Plus the virus could be contacted by players at a any given time.

4 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

There is no need to have the draft show

The draft can be done on the same date without the lights and Cameras

Probably wont be any difference between April, May or June

Just have live feeds from the 32 teams facilities and the networks ESPN & NFLN) cover from their respective headquarters.  Yes, it will odd not hearing fans boo/cheer and the top prospects getting to walk across the stage.  Honestly, that's purely for optics though and will not diminish the functionality of the draft one iota.  The whole spectacle of what we now know as the draft has only been around since the era of ESPN.

Archived