• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers releasing Eric Reid

Jesse

1 hour ago, CaliPanthers said:

I remember the day we gave Reid an extension, a lot of people on here were crying that we overpaid. 

Now they cry when we release him.

Im telling you, people will cry and complain over anything. 

I was one of those thinking that we overpaid when we gave him an extension. 

I'm not upset that we're releasing him, just that it's just another bad contract to add to the pile. 

More dead money.

4 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

We might go 0-16 just on the virtue of our defense being even worse than last year lmao 

One can only hope. Teddy ain’t the answer. Not sure why we are wasting comp picks to act like we’ll be competitive. Just tank and get all the picks you can. The Cam or no Cam question has been answered so go for broke. 

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Would have like to see him transition back to lb, but whatever they’re confused on whether to rebuild, retool, or tank. 

The whole Teddy thing has me really confused. Hate that we are giving up all the comp picks and cap space for a bridge to get us the 8th pick.

Just now, stbugs said:

The whole Teddy thing has me really confused. Hate that we are giving up all the comp picks and cap space for a bridge to get us the 8th pick.

Only thing I can think of is with the deals handed out in 2-3 years we are planning on having our qb of the future and all the dead cap off the books so we can make a push for big time fa’s with our new qb on his rookie deal. 

but like I’ve said the signing of bridgewater sunk any beliefs in competence in the FO, couple that with the upcoming draft in which we might just bomb, it’s not looking pretty 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

With this defense I don't think you have to worry about that.

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don't get a sense that they're paying attention to the comp pick formula at all.

Said elsewhere it's like the team's decisions are being made by people with little to no NFL experience and no comprehensive plan.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't get a sense that they're paying attention to the comp pick formula at all.

Said elsewhere it's like the team's decisions are being made by people with little to no NFL experience and no comprehensive plan.

I don’t either. I just see it as if you really are doing salary dumps and going for a QB of the future what’s the point of Teddy?

You lose the 2021 3rd for Bradberry. You lose up to $63M in cap space. You potentially hose yourself out a great QB class if 2021. You still suck enough that fans aren’t happy. You basically toss out Cam for a bridge QB. If you moved on from Cam and our D will be awful, then start Grier and guarantee yourself the top pick. If you don’t like Lawrence, get probably the biggest bounty of picks ever.

Oh well, just hope we stop signing FAs until after the draft or only if they’ve been released. Irvin signing at least gets us plus 1, Van Roten could be plus 2 and then maybe a Cockrell or Hogan or Williams can cancel Roberts. I think we’ll likely end up with just 1, maybe 2.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t either. I just see it as if you really are doing salary dumps and going for a QB of the future what’s the point of Teddy?

You lose the 2021 3rd for Bradberry. You lose up to $63M in cap space. You potentially hose yourself out a great QB class if 2021. You still suck enough that fans aren’t happy. You basically toss out Cam for a bridge QB. If you moved on from Cam and our D will be awful, then start Grier and guarantee yourself the top pick. If you don’t like Lawrence, get probably the biggest bounty of picks ever.

Oh well, just hope we stop signing FAs until after the draft or only if they’ve been released. Irvin signing at least gets us plus 1, Van Roten could be plus 2 and then maybe a Cockrell or Hogan or Williams can cancel Roberts. I think we’ll likely end up with just 1, maybe 2.

All of this just makes too much damn sense 

Archived