• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rough times ahead

Jeremy Igo

On the bright side of all this my restaurant is seeing good profits through all this even with having to close down our dining rooms. We are at full employment and are feeding people who have lost their jobs for free. Figured I would spread some positive news on this thread. 

8 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Anybody got info on SC? They said on the news that there were 40 dead in Horry County?

Edit- NVM, it's 40 dead in SC, just crappy reporting by WECT again.

Have they shut down the state of SC yet ?  What the fug are  they waiting for to be the last ?  First to secede from the union and last to get their poo together during a worldwide pandemic ?

One more showing today at 1pm. I think this is the last one I'm allowing. People can come and walk around the outside and look through the windows after this one. Fortunately, we have a very open floor plan and you can honestly see the entire house through the windows if we open up all the blinds.

2 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

Have they shut down the state of SC yet ?  What the fug are  they waiting for to be the last ?  First to secede from the union and last to get their poo together during a worldwide pandemic ?

Shut down all boat landings and pretty much all off road trail systems.  I know that much.  Was hoping to continue social distance on 2 wheels in BFE.

5 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

My good fortunes has hit a speed bump. I was technically a contract employee. And one of the first to be let go this current weekend, as the first official attempts to.make cutbacks at the Logistics center I've been working at. 

Sorry to hear

Folks, we're heading for Great Depression levels of unemployment. What we're seeing unfold is unprecedented and no one really knows what to make of it. We've seen what wars, recessions, and even depressions do to economies and we can somewhat make make projections for those things and predict recoveries. We've never seen what happens when you say "hold my beer and watch this" and yank the e-brake on the global economy. Not that we have much of a choice in the matter, but no one knows what happens next. Does this trigger a deep, long lasting global economic depression or do we see a v-shaped bounce back? No one knows.

I posted my layoff in another thread.  Got the word Friday at end of work day.  Really pissed because seniority (in my position group) meant nothing.

I am really taking this hard. That even surprises me.  Scary future...no job no insurance. I am so damn bummed.  And I know there a lot of people out there feeling as I do.  This is horrible.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Folks, we're heading for Great Depression levels of unemployment. What we're seeing unfold is unprecedented and no one really knows what to make of it. We've seen what wars, recessions, and even depressions do to economies and we can somewhat make make projections for those things and predict recoveries. We've never seen what happens when you say "hold my beer and watch this" and yank the e-brake on the global economy. Not that we have much of a choice in the matter, but no one knows what happens next. Does this trigger a deep, long lasting global economic depression or do we see a v-shaped bounce back? No one knows.

I know one thing - the bars will be busy as hell once we are allowed to leave the house again. 

On 4/4/2020 at 4:34 PM, Davidson Deac II said:

I can't speak for Wilmington, but Winston Salem has been a ghost town for 3-4 weeks now.

It started to lean out here this past Thursday, but I wish you could have seen the waterways and the "loop" at Wrightsville....looked like July 4th here.

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

It started to lean out here this past Thursday, but I wish you could have seen the waterways and the "loop" at Wrightsville....looked like July 4th here.

I've heard local law enforcement is going to begin pulling people over and inquiring about residency, property ownership or business. I also heard the entire Pamlico River area looked like Memorial Day this past weekend.

25 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I've heard local law enforcement is going to begin pulling people over and inquiring about residency, property ownership or business. I also heard the entire Pamlico River area looked like Memorial Day this past weekend.

Talk about chit hitting the fan...wait for that here.

They closed all private and public marinas here, one day it was like Labor Day on the waterway, the next like the day after a hurricane.  Boat traffic shut off.  If they had only stayed onboard and not congregated, that wouldn't have happened.  Idiots.

Archived