• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rough times ahead

Jeremy Igo

I’m lucky.  I work from home, will continue to receive a paycheck, and my wife is a stay at home mom so our kids have both of us around. We also prepped for this, and have tons and tons of supplies to ride this thing out for months if need be.

I really feel for those who have been laid off.  I’ve been there and it sucks.  Hopefully the stimulus checks come out sooner than later, even though they aren’t going to fix everything.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Biggest concern of the moment: Significant other works in the healthcare industry. She's dedicated to doing her job despite the risks. And while she isn't directly caring for virus patients, some of her co-workers are.

I trust that she knows what she's doing but I'm still worried for her.

My wife is an RN at Spartanburg Regional. It’s a scary time.

1 minute ago, ellis said:

I understand.

Won't lie. I wish she had a different job right now, but she's one of those people who genuinely believes in what she does and I wouldn't change that.

7 minutes ago, ellis said:

You lucked up marrying a nurse. They make incredible partners in life. Teachers and nurses (generally speaking) make exceptional companions and wives. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Biggest concern of the moment: Significant other works in the healthcare industry. She's dedicated to doing her job despite the risks. And while she isn't directly caring for virus patients, some of her co-workers are.

I trust that she knows what she's doing but I'm still worried for her.

The VA hospital I go to they have to wear same masks for days with no time frame when they would receive any masks and supplies. Medical supplies are exhausted and need more to continue serving their patients.

here in NJ. the governor has mandated a statewide 8 pm curfew, banned all large gatherings, and forced all nonessential businesses to close indefinitely

i have been WFH for the last two weeks

everybody’s buying up all of the fuging toilet paper

ppl are being furloughed or outright losing their jobs over this. 

this is one of those crises that changes the way ppl live their life. 9/11 did the same thing. that event officially marked the end of the “90s”, and in time, when we look back, we will see that this event marked the end of the 2010s and the beginning of the 2020s.

1 hour ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

The VA hospital I go to they have to wear same masks for days with no time frame when they would receive any masks and supplies. Medical supplies are exhausted and need more to continue serving their patients.

She's had some administrative bullsh-t to deal with too so I can understand.

My wife and I both work for companies holding the "essential" title, my site manager talked to us today and said that could possibly change.

I'm just thankful We're both still earning a paycheck, but feel guilty at the same time, knowing how many Americans are struggling without any income.

I'm not wealthy by any means, but if someone needs anything PM me. Stay safe and keep pounding. 

Don't forget to take care of your mental health as well. With all the uncertainty ahead it can get down right frightening.  Live in the moment, don't ruminate too much,breathe,exercise, eat healthy foods,and try to limit your alcohol intake.  Talk to friends and family about how you are feeling. Seek out psychological help of you need it.  Take time to do what makes you happy.  Remember that this will pass.  May take a while but it will.

17 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Don't forget to take care of your mental health as well. With all the uncertainty ahead it can get down right frightening.  Live in the moment, don't ruminate too much,breathe,exercise, eat healthy foods,and try to limit your alcohol intake.  Talk to friends and family about how you are feeling. Seek out psychological help of you need it.  Take time to do what makes you happy.  Remember that this will pass.  May take a while but it will.

This ^^

I would like to thank all the people in the medical and hospitality fields, you are truly the mvp. I was in the hospital a week ago (not virus related) but the attention to detail that all the medical professionals expressed goes well beyond amazing. I am very humbled to have people go over and above for strangers they may or may not cross ever again . Stay safe and do realize , you are greatly appreciated !

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

my daughter is a hairdresser, owns her own salon...gov shut her down...gonna be tough for her

I have a barber who is doing house calls or even conducting business at home. That may be an option for your daughter . If she goes that route, she make sure she is extra careful

Archived