• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CB free agents

ncfan

10 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Logan Ryan would be nice if he was In our budget, if not still have team cuts we can wait for to see if any vet cbs are released. I agree we need 2 more cbs, I thought Elliot played decent last year to warrant resigning 

Elliot was our best corner last year at times. Have no clue why we haven’t resigned him. We need a slot corner 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I am of this mindset---we drafted 2 CBs--they need to play--so let them.  Sorta like Bradberry and Worley a few years back.

Bring in a Cockrell, and does that mean Pride goes to the bench? 

There were so many years when Rivera did not know what he had in the offseason because he did not play developing players.

If we have Jackson, Pride, Oliver. and maybe Burris and Corn---(I am not convinced that Burris returns to CB--but he could)--put em out there.

Up front, we need to do the same with Brown (we will) and Gross-Matos.  We need to start Chinn.  Roy--part of the rotation.  Robinson?  Yes--by all means--play him a lot.

Real World Update:  That is how you develop talent--do not bury them--play them.  Vets may be a good influence and helpful, but they are competitors.  Their job is not to groom their replacements, but it makes for good theater.  It is dog eat dog.  Coaches develop players--not teammates.  How many WRs blossomed here when Smitty was the #1 WR?  Since Moose was already here---the answer is ZERO.  How many LTs blossomed behind Gross?  Centers behind Kalil?  It sounds good, but it is nonsense.  They help you by making you compete with them--they are not there to teach you squat.

Agree...play the rookies and lets see what we have

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

Not even remotely the same.

Robinson had a classmate finish a classroom assignment for him while he attended a funeral.

Apple has gotten into it with teammates, called out coaches, mom had called out coaches.  Been called out by teammates for being lazy, etc etc etc

But I thought Rhule was that coach who can get the most out of his guys? 

2 hours ago, WarHeel said:

You poo the idea of bringing back Cockrell and then suggest Apple. This guy...

Yes, bc Cockrell is a JAG. Great attitude but attitude doesn’t make your team better on the field. Apple is top to bottom more talented. At one point and time, Apple was a stud for the Giants. 

2 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

Logan Ryan > Jackson Pride 

so who’s the other outside corner if pride or Jackson man up the slot ? You see the problem there now ? Please don’t say corn elder lol 

That's why you go get another outside corner to cover the #1s in the division

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Bradberry had the build to be very effective at press coverage, but Jackson?  Jackson has chihuahua syndrome where his bark is much bigger than his bite.  He has the tools to be a very good corner, but I think he has to change his mentality, humble himself and put his trust in the coaches.  His public melt downs shows how much he has to mature.  Can a new coaching staff do that?  Possibly.  People can only change if they are willing to regardless of changing their surroundings.   

IMO we have a great coaching staff for that. It seems like Rhule is INTENT on developing talent and keeping people who are here to work hard on focus on football. This is going to be a focused team so Jackson is either going to have to focus or hit the bricks. He has the potential to be an amazing corner and I am rooting for him 100%.

16 minutes ago, MMA said:

But I thought Rhule was that coach who can get the most out of his guys? 

I honestly dont know if your trolling or not.

Yes gets the most out of his guys.  As in guys have tons of ability.  But not guys like Apple.  Again, how many times have you heard people here, panthers writers, and Rhule himself say he wants high character guys.  Apple aint that.

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I honestly dont know if your trolling or not.

Yes gets the most out of his guys.  As in guys have tons of ability.  But not guys like Apple.  Again, how many times have you heard people here, panthers writers, and Rhule himself say he wants high character guys.  Apple aint that.

Apple probably has more character than you. 

Archived